Growing up on a farm

JoshParkinson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures Josh, whats the claas like? and get a merlo on demo, we have 2 and they are really good machines, bet you will like them :of:P

shes a beauty, got all the little switches and everything on it, a 7030 would be nicer though to give us the capacity we need, and nahh i've heard merlo are good but i dont fancy one really and neither does the boss for some reason  :-\ i do like the claas though i must say, that's the thing with claas everybody is giving them a bad name especially the tractors, when they really aren't that bad, + the acceleration on the claas would probably outrun most teleporters anyday because its just stepless, just push the pedal and go, which sounds pretty good to me ! :D

shes a beauty, got all the little switches and everything on it, a 7030 would be nicer though to give us the capacity we need, and nahh i've heard merlo are good but i dont fancy one really and neither does the boss for some reason  :-\ i do like the claas though i must say, that's the thing with claas everybody is giving them a bad name especially the tractors, when they really aren't that bad, + the acceleration on the claas would probably outrun most teleporters anyday because its just stepless, just push the pedal and go, which sounds pretty good to me ! :D

Interesting you say that, we really like our merlos and there is a lot in our area. The transmission on that is a cvt hydrostatic and like the class it makes it so easy to drive. Claas seem to make a good forklift but they seem expensive

Interesting you say that, we really like our merlos and there is a lot in our area. The transmission on that is a cvt hydrostatic and like the class it makes it so easy to drive. Claas seem to make a good forklift but they seem expensive

theres no merlo dealers round here really, and nobody seems to have them so i've never really thought much to them, it doesn't matter to me if they're expensive, if the boss is willing to pay then count me in !  :laugh:

theres no merlo dealers round here really, and nobody seems to have them so i've never really thought much to them, it doesn't matter to me if they're expensive, if the boss is willing to pay then count me in !  :laugh:

hmm interesting, I wouldnt know about your area. Our local dealers do North Liconshire. Im not sure if there is a dealer called cook agri that sell them somewhere in licolnshire. and if the boos is willing to pay then get the Claas :P

hmm interesting, I wouldnt know about your area. Our local dealers do North Liconshire. Im not sure if there is a dealer called cook agri that sell them somewhere in licolnshire. and if the boos is willing to pay then get the Claas :P

yeah, well we've still got another 2 demos to come yet so we will see :) i'll go down on saturday and give the claas and the cat the beans and see what they've got, i keep hearing mixed stories about all 3 teleporters, even though i dont know when the jcb is coming yet

Id say the claas is the best machine out of the 3 by a long way, but then its made by kramer and that's German engineering for you. I'd go look at the Manitou 736 or what ever number it is now, we only brought a JCB last year because it was over £10k cheaper than the Manitou, but next time if the same deal isn't there it will be back to Manitou they ride better and have better all round visibility. The class is tough and has durability but the equivalent machine to the Manitou is £10k more still.... Nice pictures btw, and as I always say on here to younger people, be careful exactly what you write as without a ticket you can't drive a teleporter by law and combines and PTO equipment have some kind rules about age limits too if I do remember. I was the same, I even when and helped the police out once on a teleporter when I shouldn't have been driving it...

Id say the claas is the best machine out of the 3 by a long way, but then its made by kramer and that's German engineering for you. I'd go look at the Manitou 736 or what ever number it is now, we only brought a JCB last year because it was over £10k cheaper than the Manitou, but next time if the same deal isn't there it will be back to Manitou they ride better and have better all round visibility. The class is tough and has durability but the equivalent machine to the Manitou is £10k more still.... Nice pictures by the way, and as I always say on here to younger people, be careful exactly what you write as without a ticket you can't drive a teleporter by law and combines and PTO equipment have some kind rules about age limits too if I do remember. I was the same, I even when and helped the police out once on a teleporter when I shouldn't have been driving it...

yeah, well i mean i liked the claas but the other bloke was complaining about it because it didnt go as high, i honestly dont see what was up with him, considering it was the smallest in the range really what we need is a 7030 instead, but oh well, i know i understand what your saying, and as i always say, the police dont have a clue about agri laws though :)

Nice pictures Josh, whats the claas like? and get a merlo on demo, we have 2 and they are really good machines, bet you will like them :of:P

funnily enough, i rang my boss last night and said i keep getting recommended to merlo and he goes well we have one coming so you never know ;)

Guess you dont like it then  :-\ :P  although saying that someone I know didnt like it hen it first came but then has since gone and bought 3 on the trot

nope, didn't like it when i first saw it, didn't like it when i got in the cab, didn't like it when i drove it, didn't like it when i got out, it just doesn't compare to the jcb and the claas

nope, didn't like it when i first saw it, didn't like it when i got in the cab, didn't like it when i drove it, didn't like it when i got out, it just doesn't compare to the jcb and the claas

each to their own I suppose, and if the JCB and Class fit your buisness better then it must be the right choice

each to their own I suppose, and if the JCB and Class fit your buisness better then it must be the right choice

yep, i think the claas is just slightly ahead because we can use the same dealer as what we use for the combine and the 640, and also the gearbox is like a vario, but the jcb is still a very good handler

• 2 weeks later...

we run 3 telehandlers on the farms i work for ,,new manitou,nh l410 and a jcb 530 farm special.. jcb is the best ,plenty of guts and good visabilaty

yeah i really liked the jcb but i doubt it, i should think we will get a claas, if i had my way the farm would be all deeres with a jcb telehandler, boss wouldn't even get a deere on demo though  >:(

where i work we have 4 telehandlers, a claas scorpian 7040 for general everyday and grain work, 2 JCB loaders, one for unloading the spud stores and then use both for planting spuds and we have a merlo for the veg side of things but the claas is a machine and a half, its very responsive, comfortable and powerfull and the same with the jcb's but the merlo not as good but then im not complaining as im not using it

where i work we have 4 telehandlers, a claas scorpian 7040 for general everyday and grain work, 2 JCB loaders, one for unloading the spud stores and then use both for planting spuds and we have a merlo for the veg side of things but the claas is a machine and a half, its very responsive, comfortable and powerfull and the same with the jcb's but the merlo not as good but then im not complaining as im not using it

yeah i should think we will probably have a 7030 or a 7040 if we had a claas, and yeah i agree the merlo we had was quite frankly....terrible

yeah i really liked the jcb but i doubt it, i should think we will get a claas, if i had my way the farm would be all deeres with a jcb telehandler, boss wouldn't even get a deere on demo though  >:(

Are you refering to a Deere telehandler? If you are the reason he didnt get one on demo is that they aren't made anymore.

Are you refering to a Deere telehandler? If you are the reason he didnt get one on demo is that they aren't made anymore.

im not that silly mate  ;) nahh i was on about deere tractors with a jcb teleporter, you see we had a load of demos back in the summer because our mf 6270 was past its best but he wouldn't get a john deere on demo for some reason