Growing up on a farm

JoshParkinson

im not that silly mate  ;) nahh i was on about deere tractors with a jcb teleporter, you see we had a load of demos back in the summer because our mf 6270 was past its best but he wouldn't get a john deere on demo for some reason

Ah, fair enough. Maybe it was just me not interpreting what you said properly. Maybe he didnt get a Deere because Massey are soooooo good. ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of Class is it and what gearbox is fitted? the only difference i've heard is that the Claas Hexashift is quicker and smoother than the MF Dyna-6.  This conversation is making me hope that i get on my chosen collage course as they have both tractors and I want to find out which is best. :)

What sort of Class is it and what gearbox is fitted? the only difference i've heard is that the Claas Hexashift is quicker and smoother than the MF Dyna-6.  This conversation is making me hope that i get on my chosen collage course as they have both tractors and I want to find out which is best. :)

school half term so back to work  :P

we were hauling tarmac chippings and hardcore earlier for re-doing one of the yards as it's a bit rough from having beet on it all winter.

got a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUYZS-MZAuE

its an arion 640 cebis, if you click on that link theres a video of me and my friend pulling some hardcore with it today, and theres a few pictures of it in this topic i think if you look back a little bit

One word............ MANITOU......... Mlt 736 is the nicest machine I've ever driven.... Alas we got a new JCB last year because its cheaper..... It's ok but the manitou was so much better...

i don't know which one were having but i cant stand this matbro much longer, today we had to jump start it for the second day in a row, then randomly the hydraulics gave out and you couldn't do anything with the boom, then the bleeper on the load sensor sounds like someone dying, and just other little things are beginning to go wrong on it

• 4 weeks later...

im afraid to say there won't be anymore pictures or updates posted on this topic, i had a large falling out with one of the blokes there a couple of weeks ago and i said i think it's best if i quit, currently trying to find some more work somewhere, unfortunately being 13 makes it a hell of a lot harder finding farms to work on  :-\

thats really bad news mate. sounds like a stupid bloke anyway picking on a 13 yr old, should be encoraging you and helping you not picking arguments with you, hope hes not like that with everybody else or he will get nowhere in life

anyway, hope you find a job soon, just write upa cv and say your looking for workexperience and your a student, its amazing how many people will wan to take you on as an apprentice

good luck for the future

thats really bad news mate. sounds like a stupid bloke anyway picking on a 13 yr old, should be encoraging you and helping you not picking arguments with you, hope hes not like that with everybody else or he will get nowhere in life

anyway, hope you find a job soon, just write upa cv and say your looking for workexperience and your a student, its amazing how many people will wan to take you on as an apprentice

good luck for the future

he is a bit, got anger issues and a few other things and doesn't really appreciate the fact that im 13 and he's 31, but you know, and thanks mate i might try that, quite lucky really i'm moving house on saturday a few miles away, so that opens up a whole new load of opportunities, i'll keep you updated through facebook and that and if i do find a new job i will probably post a topic about it just to keep everybody updated on what's going on  :D

Thats really bad news Josh, I know the sort you mean, we have had the same problems with someone like that before.

As Jordan says just put your face about the local farms, make a cv and say that you would like some expirience and your always willing to learn new things etc, you might get the worst jobs to begin with but with time you will work your way up the pecking order

yeah, thanks for the positive comments guys, i'm quite into my agri photography so i will probably use that to get around the local farms, see how they operate and speak to the guys that work there etc... And to be honest i'm not too bothered about getting the worst jobs, i suppose at the end of the day it will show me the other side to farming, while also gaining experience at the same time.

I meant like starting from the bottom, doing the worst jobs on the farm, not the worst jobs going sort of thing  :P  maybe I should make myself a bit clearer  :-[

nahh i knew what you meant, i just meant sort of i'm not bothered about starting with the worst jobs on the farm, because i know i'll still be gaining experience, if that makes sense  :laugh:

nahh i knew what you meant, i just meant sort of i'm not bothered about starting with the worst jobs on the farm, because i know i'll still be gaining experience, if that makes sense  :laugh:

Ahh I see, I find where I work that doing the worst jobs doesnt really matter too much because on the whole I love my job. And if you can prove yourself doing the bad jobs then you will get the good ones, any expirience is good expirience I find  ;D

Ahh I see, I find where I work that doing the worst jobs doesnt really matter too much because on the whole I love my job. And if you can prove yourself doing the bad jobs then you will get the good ones, any expirience is good expirience I find  ;D

yeah i'm the same as you, and i've always understood that the youngest gets the worst jobs and that they have to be done so i'm not too fussed really

Didnt you say you lived in Crowland? There is a farm on the way to Cowbit JWE banks limited or claypack or something... I drive that way all the time (hate the new road) and they have some largish equipment in the sheds, so they may have some part time work in the summer or just let you go do some experience with them... Your only 13 so you cant do alot of jobs for the big farms up there as you cant go on the road etc, but I'm sure that if you go see a farmer act enthusiastic etc they might let you help about... You never know you may just get paid...

Didnt you say you lived in Crowland? There is a farm on the way to Cowbit JWE banks limited or claypack or something... I drive that way all the time (hate the new road) and they have some largish equipment in the sheds, so they may have some part time work in the summer or just let you go do some experience with them... Your only 13 so you cant do alot of jobs for the big farms up there as you cant go on the road etc, but I'm sure that if you go see a farmer act enthusiastic etc they might let you help about... You never know you may just get paid...

Yes mate banks, they run fastracs and a pair of New Holland Cr9080s, some fleet but im moving away from crowland at the weekend, moving to pinchbeck ? other side of spalding if you've heard of it, where do you live then if you know crowland ?

can you still drive the old road from peterbrough to spalding then?? or have they made it new road only as such?? will go that way when we come up to spalding and i know the last time me and tris were eyes all over at the kit arround far better than using the by pass if we can

I live on the Norfolk/Suffolk boarder by Halesworth, but my works based in cambridge, I design Schools etc and have projects in Lincolnshire so I come past on my way up to Boston. I went that way the other week the new road has a bunch of idiots on it and I prefer the fun of driving on the smaller winding roads. Anyway they haven't closed the road off yet... I know pinchbeck yes, I use it to get from Boston to Grantham. I'm sure you will find work there somewhere.

can you still drive the old road from peterbrough to spalding then?? or have they made it new road only as such?? will go that way when we come up to spalding and i know the last time me and tris were eyes all over at the kit arround far better than using the by pass if we can

old road still in working order even if she is a bit rough in places ! and the new road is only open from crowland to spalding as they balls up the peterborough leg