My Uncle´s MF 690 2wd

Johny mf

Last monday i had to carry a load of bricks for my dad whit my tipper.

But Sandy had a problem whit starting :'( :'( :'(

So i went to my uncle where i have my tipper stalled and asked if i may use his tractor an MF 690 2wd.

And.............. he said yes!! ;D:D :D

So fired the old lady up and drove a way whit the tipper.

The engine is revised recently and the cab and arches are painted a few months ago.

For the rest the tractor stil needs some work but it runs nicely

so enough talking here are some photo´s!

mf690vanomeharry001.jpg

mf690vanomeharry002.jpg

mf690vanomeharry004.jpg

mf690vanomeharry007.jpg

mf690vanomeharry008.jpg

mf690vanomeharry011.jpg

I asked my uncle about the engine covers and he said:

These where made by a Dutch company and when you bought a new tractor and placed these side covers you get a payment from the Dutch gouverment of 400 gulden.

It had some thing to do whit enviorment control and sound regulations.

The farmer could decided him self if he wanted to add these covers or not so not al sold 600 series have them here in Holland!

Indeed Johny that was part of the VAMIL regulations we had over here until quite recent. Adding sound guards to your tractor got you some money back. Using bio fuel and oil was another. Also non-led based paints on machinery got you some money back. You can still find some other tractors with funny panels as well such as JD 3050's.

The MF looks a nice tractor for her age.

@Mark:

I guess not because he can´t take distance from it.

He bought it new in 1986 and had this tractor for all kind of jobs even maize silage is done whit it!

The tractor has many hours on the clock (before the engine had a magor revision don´t know how you cal it in English :-[ )

Now the tractor is now and then in use whit my tipper and they use it for an old slurrytanker brand Veenhuis.

The tractor is mainley in use to haul patato´s and now and then for cultivating.

When he stopped whit keeping bulls the tractor hadnt get much jobs any more.

My uncle alway´s says that it is to expensive to buy an other younger tractor because he wont have much work for it!

The reason he invested in the engine revision is this=> his son is the meccanic who did the revision he had only paid the parts!

So that wasnt expensive

Thanks for the extra info Niels ;)

Regards Johny ;)

Do you have pics of them Sean?

Love to see those ;)

This tractor stil stands on my wish list to build a model off.

But then in its older state whit some Flipke betuwe on the cab! (That is kind of a michelin man but then a raspberry).

I think i once posted a photo a long time ago of this 690 whit that Flipke on.

hopefully soon mate, my mothers up suffolk in march, and she and her brothers are going through the photos from my nans when she died, have asked for any with the tractors and me ect in them,from any age, so with luck ,when we sold up we were running 1 x 165 , 1 x 290 and 80 loader, 1 x 1250 , 1 x 690 (2wd) 1 x 698t 4wd (short chassis one) 1 x 699 , 1 x 135 with 40 loader for the small pig units , and a mf  combine ( number missing from my memory right now), along with various other mf bits and bobs,

An amazing fleet of tractors i must say!

I knew about the 1250 because you told it to me in Zwolle but i gues that the 699 is also a magnificent tractor to drive!

My other uncle had owned also a 690 but that where a 4wd. and some type´s more

My uncle also had a 165 and a 590 befor he´d bought this 690 2wd.

699 was a beast, never knew it had a 10 ton marston on the back ,mind you neither did the 698t to be honest, best had to be the 165, my first drive ,hence why i want to buy one myself, the 1250 was great, but was only ever used really for ploughing and powering the grain blower for filling the big perma store silo, only had 4500 hrs from new when we sold up , thats 1982 till 1999 .

nice tractor johny , really nice , i have done many hours on the 600's got to say the 699 was the best but i did have an obsession for the 698T, espesially for hedge trimming , sounded lovely & the same wheel base as the 690 made it a very handy tractor indeed ,

Thanks for the reply's every one!

And also for the translation my English is not bad but some times it is the tecnical Engelish that let's me down! :-[

Regards Johny ;)

Johnny there is NOTHING wrong with your English... technical or non-technical mate... we all understand what you are saying prefectly well... and it's much better than our Dutch  :-[;):-*

You get 10 out of 10 in my book  ;)

Johnny there is NOTHING wrong with your English... technical or non-technical mate... we all understand what you are saying prefectly well... and it's much better than our Dutch  :-[;):-*

You get 10 out of 10 in my book  ;)

Thanks for the compliment mate ;)

Sorry if you thought i was complaining i was just giving you the correct terminology like he said better than my dutch  ;D

Owh no problem i never think that ;)

I try my best and glad that you lads help me when i think i do it wrong ;)

This is the best way to improve my English ;):D