All I want for Crimbo is a Muir Hill...

As my name may suggest I am rather fond of the old Yellow Trojans of the British countryside. The first tractor I ever saw in action was a Muir Hill 121 in the field opposite where I used to live near York some 25 years ago. The no nonsense build, the steely front light 'eyes' and the brutal raw sound of the Muir Hill makes my heart dance  :D I love these things so much that I nearly bought a real 141 last year, not unusual you may think but bear in mind I live in a town and work in an office  :of

Anyhow having now found the best model farming resource in the world, i.e this site, I was hoping someone, anyone could help me.

From hours upon hours of internet trawling and Ebay searching overt he last 2 years it appears that an official Muir Hill build in either 1/32 or 1/16 has never happened. There is a Matchbox series but that appears to be it. Scratch builds seem very rare too, in fact I have only seen 1 or 2 on long forgotten discussion pages. I found some old posts on here that suggested there may be some development but they stop a few years back, I'm not sure if Lloyd Loaders have signed off the rights and I dream of a day when IH, Schuco, Weise or Britains announce they are doing them. I've looked at scratch building one myself but don't think I am good enough and the only base model I can think of starting with is the Schuco Schluter Super Trac as it has similar frame/cab (but would still need a lot of chopping)

So my rather long winded appeal is to ask if anyone knows of anyone super talented who can scratch build one. Any small companies who do custom scratch builds. Or if there is any noise been made by one of the big companies about making them? How have Muir Hills fared in the voting for the FTF special edition models?

I understand not everyone likes the MH but any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

There was a very limited run of an uncabbed MH101 in 1:32 about ten years ago. I've only ever see one of them, and pictures of another. The maker did a second model of a County 1004 (6X) which I managed to obtain in Zwolle a very long time ago.

I've done a little bit of digging around in past issues of Classic Tractor and in the September 2006 issue (page 107) there is an article about a man who builds his own models in various scales. This gentleman's name is Roy Leetham, he is (in 2006) from Hook in South Yorkshire. He builds mostly County, Roadless and a J.J. Thomas Ninety Five 100 from various donor tractors and scratch-build pieces HOWEVER....he also built a cabless Muir Hill 101 using what looks like a fair bit of Britains Ford parts.

That may be a lead for you.......

There was a very limited run of an uncabbed MH101 in 1:32 about ten years ago. I've only ever see one of them, and pictures of another. The maker did a second model of a County 1004 (6X) which I managed to obtain in Zwolle a very long time ago.

these are both built by martyn reeve of martyns farm models. stowmarket. he has still got the parts to build his mh and a call to him would be a good starting point.

martyns farm models ward green farm old newton stowmarket

i will sort out some pictures for you ok richard

these are both built by martyn reeve of martyns farm models. stowmarket. he has still got the parts to build his mh and a call to him would be a good starting point.

martyns farm models ward green farm old newton stowmarket

i will sort out some pictures for you ok richard

there you go lee, martyns one of the 2 best 32nd scale tractor builders out there buddy, i have some of his bits along with the other master dave purdues stuff to, buy from either of these guys and you wont be let down for quallity in the build

Massive thanks to everyone for the information, I will follow these up soon, really excited about getting a few models sorted  :D

As a side note I took a look at Classic Combines site and oh my word they are amazing, no prices though so will have to give them a call, since I now have 1:16 County coming (to be revealed soon) I would like an MH to put aside it although my passion is for a 1/32 Muir Hill

Thanks again to you all  :)

ive spent many happy hours driving Muir Hills 101, 121 mk 2 and 3. I consider myself very fortunate to have driven them, i always felt they were far superior to drive than a County.

Maybe one day we might see a mainstream manufacturer make a MH.

• 1 month later...

There is a cabbed white metal Muir hill out there too, not sure who made it but I know of two which have come up on ebay in the past, one went to someone I know of in Ireland, the other was bid on by someone in Ireland on my behalf, sadly I was feeling too tight on that occasion!

• 1 month later...

There is a cabbed white metal Muir hill out there too, not sure who made it but I know of two which have come up on ebay in the past, one went to someone I know of in Ireland, the other was bid on by someone in Ireland on my behalf, sadly I was feeling too tight on that occasion!

i got the 101 from ebay and the 171 to match!

P1000363Medium.jpg