Bad place to lose it!

Andy

196746527.jpg

One of the local contractors lost it a couple of days ago. Not only did it stop trains from Lincoln to Peterborough for several hours, its also the busiest time of the year for fertiliser application, and left a few farmers pulling their hair out!

One of the local contractors lost it a couple of days ago. Not only did it stop trains from Lincoln to Peterborough for several hours, its also the busiest time of the year for fertiliser application, and left a few farmers pulling their hair out!

ouch !! hefty bill for the contractor with the bend in that track

Think I would have turned the tractor round a bit quick and shoved the sprayer backwards with the front weights/frame/links before a photographer turned up mind!!  :laugh: :laugh:

You would too Tris, fortunately it was not you towing it.  I seem to remember an incident with a weighbridge post and a fuel tank!  :D (sorry but I do have a long memory)

Seriously though it is fortunate no one was hurt.  If a train had been closer it could have been a tragedy.  Someone did some quick thinking and a phone call.

speaking from experience a trailed sprayer is just not upto the job for suspension fertiliser, with high SG for the fert that sprayer could be carrying 6ton its only a matter of time before something gave, even if it was empty spraying suspension fertilisers has to be the most demanding job for any machine., ground conditions, corrosiveness etc all takes its toll.