Hello I'm StapelOpFordson

Hello all, my name is Ronald Stapel. I've already posted some messages, but not introduced my self yet to this forum. I'm 34 years old, living in the Netherlands and grown up on a farm. My dad always had Ford tractors and that's the reason that I have the "blue" virus. My dad started collecting Ford brochures in the early eighties and I also got enthousiast. In my youth I played with Britains models and started collecting them later on and UH 1:16. But most of all I'm a fanatic collector of Ford brochures and since 2009 our (together with my dad) collection is published on my website www.stapelopfordson.nl. To find missing brochures I spend a lot of time on Ebay searching for new additions. My nickname on Ebay is "fordfw60", some of you will recognize this Ebay-name  ;) .

For those how think what means "StapelOpFordson"? "Stapel Op" is a dutch saying, like "mad of" or "crazy about" and of course Stapel is my familyname.

So far my introduction, my latest brochures will be posted on this forum.

Hi Donald and welcome. 

As you collect brochures you will find a soul mate in Marky (although he collects red ones!) and of course you have another in Wil (FordCrazy001) who also comes from the Netherlands.  Is Ford the tractor of choice there?

1:16 scale takes up a lot of room - where on earth do you keep them? I have nothing bigger than 1:32 and they take enough space as it is.

Good morning Ronald and thank you for giving us such an informative introduction. It's interesting to learn my members have chosen their nickname and what they mean. We have quite a few dutch members here on FTF there are also quite a few brochure collectors too. Is it only Ford for you or do you follow the New Holland tractors now the Ford name is just a memory?

Hi Donald and welcome. 

As you collect brochures you will find a soul mate in Marky (although he collects red ones!) and of course you have another in Wil (FordCrazy001) who also comes from the Netherlands.  Is Ford the tractor of choice there?

1:16 scale takes up a lot of room - where on earth do you keep them? I have nothing bigger than 1:32 and they take enough space as it is.

I already had good contacts with my fellow dutch collectors Wil and Jack (stehos) and they have introduced FTF to me. Is there any choiche of tractors  ;D ?

To be honest my 1:16 collection is still waiting in their boxes for display, but this summer I'm planning to build a big display cupboard on my loft.

Good morning Ronald and thank you for giving us such an informative introduction. It's interesting to learn my members have chosen their nickname and what they mean. We have quite a few dutch members here on FTF there are also quite a few brochure collectors too. Is it only Ford for you or do you follow the New Holland tractors now the Ford name is just a memory?

My collection starts with the early Fordson's and ends with the latest Ford New Holland tractors and also includes the conversions of County, Roadless and Doe. New Holland has not my interest, neither Ford implements (some exceptions). The reason for my limitation is that I don't have an unlimited budget for my hobby  :(  I also finance my collection for a bit by trading in farm toys and brochures at a small scale.

I already had good contacts with my fellow dutch collectors Wil and Jack (stehos) and they have introduced FTF to me. Is there any choiche of tractors  ;D ?

Well done, those lads - FTF soon will be celebrating 4000 members at this rate.

Well now, Donald, there is always a choice of tractors although I must admit that I have more Fordsons than any others but it was the grey Fergie that I lost my heart to.  As I only collect models of the early tractors New Holland are not to be seen!