MF 9000 series

FB

Towards the end of my season in USA I was nearly lucky enough to have a play in one of these but the the dealer never got it ready in time so we had a Challenger 660 instead which is the same piece of kit underneath the panels. Lovely combine, they are as simple as McCleans aswell. Only 12daily greae nipples over the whole machine... what a joy!! We had it on Milo harvest (no Ben, thats not the Scots DJ) with a 30ft header and the thing flew. Nice sample in the tank too.

i was having a ride in a case combine a few montrhs ago. he was saying that massey combines are crap, always breaking down.  is this true?

I am afraid to say this is true know one bloke with a 7278 and was great first 3 seasons then broke down every day in its 4th season while his mates claas 480 kept going

i was having a ride in a case combine a few montrhs ago. he was saying that massey combines are crap, always breaking down.  is this true?

Fifty quid says if you had a ride in an MF combine the driver would say Case break down all the time though!! Machinery is all much of a muchness. We all love highlighting a sad story about one colour or another. A New Holland salesman is hardly likely to say "If I was you mate, JD 6920s is better than a TM everytime .. " When you listen to all the demo drivers, salesmen, fiters you realise the colour makes no odds. It's residual value and back up/parts that make the biggest difference.

Fifty quid says if you had a ride in an MF combine the driver would say Case break down all the time though!! Machinery is all much of a muchness. We all love highlighting a sad story about one colour or another. A New Holland salesman is hardly likely to say "If I was you mate, JD 6920s is better than a TM everytime .. " When you listen to all the demo drivers, salesmen, fiters you realise the colour makes no odds. It's residual value and back up/parts that make the biggest difference.

this bloke was a big contractor in the cotwolds.  he said hes had a lexion, a mf and now hes got a case. Hes well chuffed with the case

Guest Fendt pwr

Oh the storys I could tell about case rotory combines  :o :o

Like others say it each to his own.The MF 750 combine I've been driving has been runing sweet as a nut but others say they are pure rubbish so go figger hey. :-\

Like others say it each to his own.The MF 750 combine I've been driving has been runing sweet as a nut but others say they are pure rubbish so go figger hey. :-\

Proper Massey the 750 FP - I worked on many of those during my time at MF - one of the best combines they built EVER in my opinion - Silver cab or Red cab  ???

I think the early rotary combines did not cope with UK climate well and tended to get a bad name. Things have improved recently.  :)

I do think that if you look around you will see a lot of 20+ yr old Class and NH combines but fewer other brands....... as FP says, go figger  ;D

Guest Fendt pwr

I think your spot on there jdc.

An agco/kuhn/claas dealer told me last week the in the last 12 mouths they have sold 14 new claas combines just in my area alone.

I asked him how many new MF combines have been sold and he said not one yet.

The figgering continues..... ::)

there's good & bad in every thing but one factor not mentioned is the human one , i once hauled trailers alongside a JD 1065 owned by two brothers.

one of the brothers did a very quick service every morning to get going & pushed it hard & it was a heap of litter & the worst f888ing thing on the planet coz it kept breaking down  where as the other treated it with respect gave a good service in the mornings & let the combine go at a comfortable pace & kept going all week with no problem .

i think driver error can be counted as to wether a machine is good or not.

Speaking as an Ex Combine harvester fitter (yes I was really) - Marcus is absolutely spot on - we had a local farmer who insisted I take my overalls and boots OFF before I got in his cab - Never broke down once - we only ever serviced the thing (750 actually !) and another farmer who left his combine exactly where it finished each year (860) - and guess what... almost every day he had a problem - I caught his driver changing gear with his foot one day as he said the levers were too stiff - two weeks later the Hydrostatic drive gave out - the only one we EVER did as it was running dry and the cable had been stretched.  I would say that 80% of problems AT LEAST are only ever caused by negligence on behalf of the operator - I am sure that goes for all combines really.

Speaking as an Ex Combine harvester fitter (yes I was really) - Marcus is absolutely spot on - we had a local farmer who insisted I take my overalls and boots OFF before I got in his cab - Never broke down once - we only ever serviced the thing (750 actually !) and another farmer who left his combine exactly where it finished each year (860) - and guess what... almost every day he had a problem - I caught his driver changing gear with his foot one day as he said the levers were too stiff - two weeks later the Hydrostatic drive gave out - the only one we EVER did as it was running dry and the cable had been stretched.  I would say that 80% of problems AT LEAST are only ever caused by negligence on behalf of the operator - I am sure that goes for all combines really.

Very much agree if you look after a machine it will look after you and will give you very good service but do any less and you will pay for it and dearly at that