The Redrock Alligator......

I have two Barry,....the old flimsy tined version,..(still going strong though),......and this newer beefed up version.

Trickiest part is getting the right amount of ram travel so it opens up far enough,.......still got a bit of fine tuning to go with that...... ;)

Nice work, John. Clean and tidy, it still amazes me those of you who do conversions who manage to work with white plastic of all things without getting muck and finger prints all over it! These look nice.  8)

Nice work, John. Clean and tidy, it still amazes me those of you who do conversions who manage to work with white plastic of all things without getting muck and finger prints all over it! These look nice.  8)

amazes me to tris i can never seem to keep it white like that no matter how hard i try

After a week off work I dont recognise my hands,.....they are the same colour as the plastic..... :of :of

When you're working this small, the model has to be held with a pair of helping hands so theres no chance of making prints on it.I always mark out in a very fine pencil,..never ink,.....touch ink with the glue and hey presto...one sickly black joint.... ;)

Not looking forward to the pipework and painting though,.....it could all go **** up yet..... :-[

One or two pictures of what it will eventually look like,.....

10fz1at.jpg

2s6lftw.jpg

68wvt1.jpg

zx8qwj.jpg

znvrif.jpg

2upd751.jpg

I must say that it has been a challenge,...(to say the least),...to get the opening measurement correct.

I have been about three hours solid  trying to get it spot on but  am still about 3mm short. One of the others that

I had made has been cut and altered about a dozen times trying to do it.... >:( >:(

• 1 year later...

Should have some pictures up tomorrow of the finished product,...complete with decals.....(which I have been busy making tonight with the kind assistance of Crazy Kev).

A bit late I know,..but things have been a bit busy here over the last twelve months..

• 1 year later...

Archived