Greatest Tractor's....The Push for Power

:D I have just picked this up at the local paper shop,I thought I could have posted a link to Kelsey Publishing's web site,but,no point it's so new it isn't on their site  :of

GreatestTractors1.jpg

I've only scanned through it so far,but I did read the article about the Big Bud 650/50,which is apparently lurking around Middlesborough  :of ,just did a quick net search,and heres a photo of it http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Bud

Regards

Joe.

Well the top 2 tractors are sexy Marcus but I never got into MF pivots everyone I've spoken to with them all say heaps of sh!t trouble.The somke pipe on the Ford looks cool I think.

unfortunately you're right Ol, the big MF's had good reptations as good pullers but the crownwheel & pinion just wasnt up to the job & used to go bang , like many big tractors , when they went they went well , but when they stopped it was expensive , i think much of this was due to operators thinking they were invincable & loaded too much onto their big tractors .

i also think the design princeples were abused , out on the prairies these monsters would pull very wide tillage implements at a reasonable speed & a minimum depth, not sat in 25 acres of clay with the implement down to the frame

Very well put Marcus.

My old Case 9350 had play in the pivot not long after it was put to work with this big

HE-VA sub soiler.A powershift change or slight corner would shake the day light out of the tractor at 6kph and 2100rpm

post-628-132639827533_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lord F,

Most probably some of your old stuff in there. You must be generously donating it

RD

Sadly..... not... I don't think mine is good enough Mr D  :'(

Anyway... never mind all this... brace yourself for some new MF brochures being uploaded as I type  :P:-*

Light Land,

I think you must be mistaking me for Mr Howard Sherren, editor of Classic Massey magazine. I can't ever recall being stood next to an MF 9240 in Classic Tractor.

Lord F,

OK, hit me with the brochures. Did you get the MF 65 orchard brochure that was on eBay the other week? Inside MF is due to arrive Wednesday with me, so you may get a copy later this week.

RD

Light Land,

I think you must be mistaking me for Mr Howard Sherren, editor of Classic Massey magazine. I can't ever recall being stood next to an MF 9240 in Classic Tractor.

Lord F,

OK, hit me with the brochures. Did you get the MF 65 orchard brochure that was on eBay the other week? Inside MF is due to arrive Wednesday with me, so you may get a copy later this week.

RD

Can I confirm I look nothing like Mr Day, even from a distance! He is far more handsome than myself and in better shape!

Sorry about that,blame it on the ale. :-[

it's ok Ol, we brits all look alike after a few beers ;D

i myself have been confused with marky on many occasions.

i think it's the innane grin we both have when confronted with either 100 series MF tractors or exposed to any large chested ladies .

it is unfortunate that neither marky or myself are regularly exposed to 100series MF tractors or indeed confronted by many large chested ladies , much to our disgust .