Agco factory tour Beauvais France

ertlerik

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you did 3 out of 5  ;)

Come over here to stand in the corner (and take youre MF cabinet whit you to place them here :P )

Owh and take ofcourse the lowloader to load Mavis and Penny up and stalle Hatty over to :P;D

For me it is that al my uncle´s that where farmers drove MF.

The first tractor i drove where ofcourse an MF.

The dealer came whit his new dealership behind my parents house when i where about 15/16 years old.

So i think these things are the reason wy i love MF ;)

Johny MF & LF; You clearly have red blood as far as red can go! How come? What started this fascination for the MF marquee?

Well mine is simple really... but I hope you are sitting comfortably...  ;D:D :D

At the tender age of 7 or 8 I was an avid Dinky Toy collector...Family holidays were always a good source of new models as my mum and dad didn't have a lot of money.... I'd save up my pocket money all year.... and have some donated by my grandparents etc.... anyway... me being me... I just can't wait for anything when I get excited.. so on the way to my family holiday we stop off for a comfort break (in my dads Hillman Avenger... RER198J)... After badgering my mum and dad to find a toy shop so I could spend some of my hard earned saved... we find a toy shop that only sells Britains stuff... never seen it before... never had any interest in it before.. or farming come to that matter. Anyway.... long story short(er)... ZZzzzzzz Oi ! - wake up at the back there  >:( ... so... disappointed as I was.. I was so desperate to buy a 'car' that I plumped for a Ford 6600.. well... blimey.. when we got on holiday I fell in love... not only was the model better than a Dinky.... it bloody steered as well  :of :of :P ... so.... I am now a Britain's convert... by the time the holiday has ended (Bude I think it was)... I'd bought an MF595 and an MF135 with the rest of my money.

Now then... my grandparents (both sadly now passed away) lived in St. Ives (Cambs.) and on our regular weekly visit we'd pass FA Standen & sons, the local MF dealer... we stopped once to take a look at a REAL tractor or two.. went into the stores and picked up a handful of MF500 series brochures (must have been 9 by then.... as they had just been launched late 76) ... and bang... I'm hooked. Being the great parents my mum and dad were back then... and still are today! ... they also took me to D Weatherheads and Rogers Engineering at Gt. Barford, two more MF distributors. I think most of us on here possess some kind of 'collector gene' that seems to be missing in others... and sadly very dominant in people like me - borderline obsessive really  :-[

So.... 36 years later and I'm still bloody collecting MF related items... from real tractors to models to literature to signs to tattoo's to keyrings... in fact, the only thing I don't currently collect is operators manuals.... errrrrr.... yet  :-[

Anyone still awake...

Oi... who turned out the lights..

Hello...

Is anyone there.....

Hello  >:(:of:-[ :'(

If i read this my MF love hasnt start interesting enough Mate ;)

I think it where for me the Britians MF 2680 where i aways were fond off!

Stil have it in quit good condition always played carefuly whit the model because i where so scarrerd that i broke it.

Must ben also 8 or 9 years old when ive got it!

Well mine is simple really... but I hope you are sitting comfortably...  ;D:D :D

At the tender age of 7 or 8 I was an avid Dinky Toy collector...Family holidays were always a good source of new models as my mum and dad didn't have a lot of money.... I'd save up my pocket money all year.... and have some donated by my grandparents etc.... anyway... me being me... I just can't wait for anything when I get excited.. so on the way to my family holiday we stop off for a comfort break (in my dads Hillman Avenger... RER198J)... After badgering my mum and dad to find a toy shop so I could spend some of my hard earned saved... we find a toy shop that only sells Britains stuff... never seen it before... never had any interest in it before.. or farming come to that matter. Anyway.... long story short(er)... ZZzzzzzz Oi ! - wake up at the back there  >:( ... so... disappointed as I was.. I was so desperate to buy a 'car' that I plumped for a Ford 6600.. well... blimey.. when we got on holiday I fell in love... not only was the model better than a Dinky.... it bloody steered as well  :of :of :P ... so.... I am now a Britain's convert... by the time the holiday has ended (Bude I think it was)... I'd bought an MF595 and an MF135 with the rest of my money.

Now then... my grandparents (both sadly now passed away) lived in St. Ives (Cambs.) and on our regular weekly visit we'd pass FA Standen & sons, the local MF dealer... we stopped once to take a look at a REAL tractor or two.. went into the stores and picked up a handful of MF500 series brochures (must have been 9 by then.... as they had just been launched late 76) ... and bang... I'm hooked. Being the great parents my mum and dad were back then... and still are today! ... they also took me to D Weatherheads and Rogers Engineering at Gt. Barford, two more MF distributors. I think most of us on here possess some kind of 'collector gene' that seems to be missing in others... and sadly very dominant in people like me - borderline obsessive really  :-[

So.... 36 years later and I'm still bloody collecting MF related items... from real tractors to models to literature to signs to tattoo's to keyrings... in fact, the only thing I don't currently collect is operators manuals.... errrrrr.... yet  :-[

Anyone still awake...

Oi... who turned out the lights..

Hello...

Is anyone there.....

Hello  >:(:of:-[ :'(

Mark,

thanks for letting us know how you got bitten by MF bug  ;D . Great to read you dared to mention the Ford 6600  :of .

No, I did not fell asleep and maybe we can have a new topic for anyone who wants to share their story with us.

Jack.

Johny & Mark; Great story's thank you all  :) . Seems that nearly all avid collectors have a similar story to them, only changing in details but the mainstay always being the same. I could tell you a similar story I think, just I never urged towards one make. I just like it all! Which is a collectors nightmare really  :-X:P .

Old models, dealerships, grandparents, holidays and brochures. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ;).