great yorkshire steam & vintage rally july 2-3rd helmsley north yorkshire

convo

this is a great show with lots to offer ,a day out for all the family.along with the steam engines there are always a great turn out of vintage tractors ,cars ,trucks ,motor bikes ,auto jumble ,craft stalls ,die cast toy and more             

duncombe park

helmsley

north yorkshire

Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd july 2011

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from this event back to my parents after a brilliant day to inspect the 600 or so photographs I took, i'll post a selection of them in this thread in due course, including a good number from Peter's fantastic stand and the tractors, engines, commercial vehicles and cars on display. It was an absolute pleasure to meet Peter and I couldn't resist but come home with a couple of gems from him, ( see "What's Your Latest Farm / Construction Model Buy" thread ) delighted to have some of his wonderful work residing in my collection. :) 

You must have been busy to take around 600 shots David :of :of

Looking forward to seeing them or well ......some of them in due course ;) ;)

Thanks Bill, my knees are definitely feeling the effects of "yo-yoing" all day, took quite a few duplicates of some of my favourite exhibits. It was really nice to have the time off to attend this event having spent the last two years serving most of the punters and exhibitors from behind the store counter back in Helmsley. :)

Here's part one from the full size exhibits I captured yesterday. Normally I would provide a little bit of commentary and information with my photographs however, fool that I am sometimes, I ended up without a program to refer to on this occasion. :-[

Starting with a view from the carpark overlooking the glorious grounds of Duncombe Park situated just up the road from where I work.

P1070047.jpg

First to fall under my camera lens was the wonderful line up of commercial vehicles, some of which i've photographed previously at both Driffield and Pickering Steam Rallies.

P1070048.jpg

A selection of military machines including a type of forklift i've never seen before.

P1070049.jpg

P1070050.jpg

P1070051.jpg

P1070052.jpg

P1070067.jpg

P1070068.jpg

A pair of DAFs of varying size from a cute little 33 pickup to 2800 articulated unit.

P1070069.jpg

P1070070.jpg

P1070071.jpg

Whilst parked just on end of this first row of commercials was a tractor familiar to another thread of mine. It's a Massey Ferguson 6480 that is used by a contractor to transport the Volvo tracked excavator my Dad drives around sites and runs exclusively on white diesel.

P1070072.jpg

Seen guarding the exhibitor's gateway was this Dennis fire engine.

P1070074.jpg

One of my favourite tractor units on display just had to be this lovely looking Volvo F88.

P1070076.jpg

P1070077.jpg

Whilst just arriving was this fascinating Cornish built Rowe Hillmaster.

P1070079.jpg

P1070080.jpg

Followed by a quick dash over towards the caravan and camping area to capture this rather nice David Brown 880

P1070081.jpg

another lorry my dad used to drive david,the yellow morris,he drove that for the building firm that i worked for for 22 years,no tipper so hard work handballing everything off the lorry,then he had a later version,trying to think if it had leyland on the front,with a tipper body,and the last he drove for them was a bedford,dont know what the model is,but the last that bedford made,might be to modern for this show,but im keeping my eyes peeled

another lorry my dad used to drive david,the yellow morris,he drove that for the building firm that i worked for for 22 years,no tipper so hard work handballing everything off the lorry,then he had a later version,trying to think if it had leyland on the front,with a tipper body,and the last he drove for them was a bedford,dont know what the model is,but the last that bedford made,might be to modern for this show,but im keeping my eyes peeled

this is the only picture i could find,same cab,but not the fire brigade set up,i dont want to hijack your topic david,but uncanny the lorries there connected to my dad

No problem at all Paul, it's absolutely great that some of the lorries i've captured are stirring memories of those your Dad drove. I'll keep an eye out for the more modern Bedford your Dad used to drive when I attend Pickering Steam Rally with my camera. :)