Parts for old Britains models..

Steve P

I have recently been told of a company that supplies replica parts for old Britains models.

I have looked on the Twose website and all the parts i need to repair some of my damaged models are available at what looks like quite reasonable prices.

Before i go ahead and order the bits i need i have a few questions that i hope some of you may answer. First of all do the parts like cabs, bonnets and floorpans come ready to fit?, are they painted in the correct colours or will i have to paint them myself? also in regards to the tranfers are they wet applied "like the airfix models" or simply cut to shape and glued on? finally i presume the parts are of good quality and will not need much trimming to fit..

If someone can find time to answer my questions i will be most gratefull..

Thanks.. 8)

You might have to do a bit of trimming alright Steve ,but nothing major. You probably will have to paint the parts also ,cause if you have any useable parts on your models already ,you will have to paint them all along with  the new parts from D Towse the same colour. Clean the old bits of grit & dust also before painting. If your going to do it ,your better off doing it right first day lad.  ;):)

some parts do come cast in say white or ford blue, mf red, but its never as good as the origonal parts, usally a lot lighter as getting the resin to be a exact match is far from easy, some  parts might come  in white metal to so its worth checking with the seller just in case,

Thankyou all for your replies, its a fantastic help. One other thing i have a knackard thin wheel and a fat wheeled Ford 5610 model, is the cab, bonnet and other parts interchangable??, also i am thinking about converting one into a Ford 7910, 8210 or TW15  i think the fat wheeled one would look the best what do you guys think??..

Thankyou all for your replies, its a fantastic help. One other thing i have a knackard thin wheel and a fat wheeled Ford 5610 model, is the cab, bonnet and other parts interchangable??, also i am thinking about converting one into a Ford 7910, 8210 or TW15  i think the fat wheeled one would look the best what do you guys think??..

Yeah, I used the fat wheeled 5610 to do my 8210. I used a Britains 7710 front grill that did need a bita trimming for it tough.IMG_0504.jpg