huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first bit of new kit arrived yesterday,the challenger 865c,so manager and staff are out looking it over,word from our local dealer is the horsch tiger/pronto combination will be with us in the middle of next week,the challenger 765c is being pdi'ed and hopefully again,will be with us in the middle of the week,earlier in the week a decision with the owner and farm manager was took to build a large machinery shed,space is very ltd at the moment for machinery,it is very much needed,

post-1769-0-83333000-1329044148_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-45210300-1329044160_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-02019400-1329044174_thumb.jp

The 865 is an impressive bit of kit,what do you think of it Paul,

Regards

Joe.

i am very happy with it joe,nice heavy model,very well detailed,the only drawback for me is the tow pin is moulded in one piece,but you know what to do there,little bit of drill work,so id recommend it to anyone

You won't be long getting through ground with that ;D

What were they like to drive Paul,I'd imagine with the tracks they'd be more comfortable than your conventional tractor?

very much so chris,dont know what the C models are like,obviously they keep improving,so probably even smoother?,real pulling power,the only reason we had one was because our 765b was down with serious gearbox trouble,and the dealer gave us the 865b,we had it for 2 weeks,we only pulled a 8 metre terrano and besson 6 metre discs behind it,so never worked it to its full potential

the new kit arrived this week,the horsch cultivator/drill combo,and its being checked and set up in the yard,still wating for the john deere 6930 and razol rollers,seems all the staff are sport newspaper readers

they look great paul, but what really took my eye was your diesel tanks, they look awesome.

a bit of help required,ive been let down by my john deere dealer,so im looking for a tractor to do all the stuff that the challenger wont be doing,im going to stick with agco models,so valtra,fendt or mf,it will be handling the bowser,rauch ferty spreader,razol 8m rollers,4 leg subsoiler,6 metre kuhn discs,and sometimes grain carting,seed hauling,it doesnt have to be the latest models,the mf 7499 is going for a good price at the moment as it will be replaced by the incoming 7600 series,so any suggestions,remember mf, fendt or valtra,and nothing over 240-250 hp,im sticking with the dealer who supplied the challenger

Archived