huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wires easy, black 2mm elastic  used for necklace making, lot better than wire,tried that given my job ,from very fine to thick, elastic glues on better  and doesnt try to roll like wire, also pulls nice and straight , thats what i use on my leccy poles, and will on the phone ones when i come in on the other side for that,

Are you rolling out the broadband with the phone lines Sean?  ;D

Good idea with the elastic band  8)

i am, but with fiber optic, ash tree wont have that ,but will have a line in once i get that side finished, and paul , dont forget the steps up, us engineers dont like to climb using "clamp" boots any more mate  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wires easy, black 2mm elastic  used for necklace making, lot better than wire,tried that given my job ,from very fine to thick, elastic glues on better  and doesnt try to roll like wire, also pulls nice and straight , thats what i use on my leccy poles, and will on the phone ones when i come in on the other side for that,

thanks for the tip sean,i will try good old ebay

i am, but with fiber optic, ash tree wont have that ,but will have a line in once i get that side finished, and paul , dont forget the steps up, us engineers dont like to climb using "clamp" boots any more mate  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok sean

I've only been collecting for 11 months and I'm in the process of making a Diorama for less than that.The thing I've noticed lately when it comes to dioramas is that there's not as much interest in them as there was years ago.

I'm basing this on reading through some of the dioramas that started here 5 or 6 years ago and when you read through the first few pages of them,the anticipation by the members here while waiting for the next update was clear to see in the posts.

Nowadays it just seems to be all excitement about release dates of the next models  :(

That's just my opinion by the way,I could be totally wrong.

I have to disagree on this one. I think the difference between now and 5 or 6 years ago is that there are now 20 plus dio topics to look at, whereas back then we only used to have half a dozen to keep us on the edge of our seats - and two of them had story lines that we had to follow! ;)

The challenge is to bring something new into your dios to keep people interested ;)

now this is a small update,in more ways than one,tap fitted to shed,the first tap from mandy i dropped and lost,replacement came today so i wanted to fix it on so i didnt lose it

Aha... at last we see the tap in place... you never know the original one might turn up at some stage. Nice job, Paul :)

Archived