huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pity to hear your closing down Paul. Always interesting to follow displays during the year but can understand the thought behind it. Will we see a final farm dispersal sale ??? ?

on ebay right now neils,and thankyou for following huish farm

thankyou for viewing huish david,it has been a massive cull,i will only have a fendt 718,818,820 jd 6930 and mf 8450,the ones that i drive,perhaps each one with an implement,and i will get the 724,828 and 939 from fendt,i m not keen on earlier fendts so a small collection,as i said the amount of models available is frightening,i just have to draw the line somewhere,i will keep an eye on other peoples layouts as well

all the info is on their website including postage charges

all the info is on their website including postage charges

Last order I got cost € 7.50 for postage + tax,

Regards

Joe.

Last order I got cost € 7.50 for postage + tax,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks I will have a look

huish will be back,i said i was going to display the models in the spare room on some shelfs,but after putting the models back in there boxes and on the shelves i had a change of heart,i just couldnt look at them cooped up in there boxes,but on huish there will be no more themed topics of just jd's or just masseysit was costing me a fortune,its going back to the farm i work on,so 4 fendts,1 jd and 1 massey,and there various implements,no claas terra tracs or anything that is not connected to where or what i drive at work,but also there wont be hardly any posts as you have seen all this stuff before,just the odd update,it meant buying all the fendts again,717,818 and 820x2 just waiting for the companys decals to come from henri walker,if the farm gets new kit then i will,if its made by anybody,might see a fendt 724 on demo as i know the farm has had one on demo,but with the weather being so wet,i have not been up there for 3 weeks,hope the 724 is still there if ive got work next weekend

and another reason i dont post a lot on here very much now,it seems very clicky on here now,i dont expect glowing comments ,and there are a few who allways comment on this topic but i look at the views/downloads of the pictures and get a lot of views,but nobody seems to post a comment,as i said there are allways the regular ones who comment and thanks for that but unless you are a certain member/members on here forget it,shame really but thats how i feel

I have said similar about the layout topic in the past,the way I see it is,it has to be something spectacular to make people look twice as I think the excitement of layouts is not as big as say when the forum first started.I suppose for newer members here who are only starting out (like myself) are seeing alot of these layouts for the first time and so it's still relatively new and interesting whereas for a long standing member,it's probably just looking at the same thing over and over again and so it's not easy to reply with the same comments each time.I for one will continue to look at layouts and try to pick up new ideas until I finally get my layout to where I want it to be.

As for the forum being cliquey,I'll have to disagree with you there.Some are just interested in new models,some in conversions and others in layouts.It's what brings variety to the forum and in my opinion that's what makes it work.

I hope you continue to post about your layout Paul even if you think it gets repetitive,somebody else might be seeing it for the first time 8)

Great post, Chris. You have summed it up well I think. In general, there is an awful lot of tat on here in the way of random topics. I think the heart of the Forum lies in the model related topics, be they farm layouts, conversions or collections and shows. I try my best to keep up with what goes on but filtering out the topics which generally interest me is hard enough, let alone trying to reply in the ones that do! There are some awfully high standards set by some layout builders on here as well as other forums, that is not to say any topic is less worthy of a comment than another though. Look at military modellers and railway modellers - the standards are raised ever higher again!! I try to keep my eye on all the topics on here, when I see something different, something that catches my eye, something new. ... I make my pleasure known. If I don't, it's not that I'm not interested but just that the time is limited and I want to see as much as I can when I log on. :)

paul, i am always happy to look at huish farm. as you know, i am a cabbinet collector, but if i ever had the space i would set up a dio, probably of machinery dealerships. maybe one day i will get the space. i do look at the dio's on here, and dont post on everything all the time as its not really my main aim in the hobby. i really like the real farm talk section if i am honest, and things like bc's and jdc's topics on real machinery. i personaly dont think it is cliquey on here, but i havnt been on that long. theres oppinions aplenty on here, but thats the idea of a forum. i am lucky that i have the cash to have made a good start to my collection, and some people may be a bit jealous or very pleased for me. if people are jealous i dont give a stuff really. i havnt met you yet paul , but hope to in the future, as you have helped me with some advice in the past. at spalding i met mr softie, robbo, andy, bay , paul capon, udimore bazza and john cranston and they all seemed great people, and in future i hope to meet walter derwent, catkom and bc and a few more people on here. my only advice to you paul is dont sell off your collection unless you are desperate for the cash. todays modern marvels like the claas 770tt will be very valuable models of yesteryear in 30 to 40 years time. keep posting mate, i love huish farm. p.s. i am a liverpool fan, and right now i am p****d right off!!

I think Pete has spoke for me to Paul :lol: im glad you have changed your mind i would of miss Huish i was because of Huish that Foyle view 1.32 start and thats no joke

I have said similar about the layout topic in the past,the way I see it is,it has to be something spectacular to make people look twice as I think the excitement of layouts is not as big as say when the forum first started.I suppose for newer members here who are only starting out (like myself) are seeing alot of these layouts for the first time and so it's still relatively new and interesting whereas for a long standing member,it's probably just looking at the same thing over and over again and so it's not easy to reply with the same comments each time.I for one will continue to look at layouts and try to pick up new ideas until I finally get my layout to where I want it to be.

As for the forum being cliquey,I'll have to disagree with you there.Some are just interested in new models,some in conversions and others in layouts.It's what brings variety to the forum and in my opinion that's what makes it work.

I hope you continue to post about your layout Paul even if you think it gets repetitive,somebody else might be seeing it for the first time 8)

see where you are coming from chris,i will update,just not as much

farm manager out checking the fields,but still to wet to get going,tried rolling on some ploughed land and to wet,so tractor and rollers getting a good wash down,desperately need some dry weather and quickly

post-1769-0-52518000-1336294866_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-91477500-1336294878_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-82130200-1336294914_thumb.jp

Archived