Remote Control Tractor..

TM190

Some time?

That is nothing new man I have a video of old farm tractors and machinery and there is 2 Fordson Dexta's an one man can drive the two

It showed the tractors ploughing the first tractor was operated by the farmer and the second tractor followed the first tractor and did the same as it did it worked well for ploughing as both tractors could plough at the one time one be hind the other.

But what if the connection is lost does the second tractors engine cut out or just keep going??

Safety is the single biggest issue with a system like this, however Fendt points out that the slave tractor will automatically stop if the GPS signal is lost or if the distance between the two tractors exceeds a pre-set limit.

It's alright until a shearbolt breaks or it bungs up, and that would be a bit of a pain moving them between fields, i can't drive on the road and it can sometimes be a real pain not just being able to nip it between fields, especially when there's only 500 yards or so of main road separating you, so you have to get someone else down just to move it for you.

And also for the price of 2 fendts wouldn't it probably work out about the same if not a bit cheaper just to have a much bigger single machine with a bigger implement on the back?

I'd say there more aimed at big plots of land, 100 of acres where you can get from field to field..  I'm not that concerned about losing my jobs yet as there'd be no use in our wee fields, you'd just get in each others way!  ;D 

But I suppose some will say its a step in the right direction for Modern Efficient Farming?  :-\

is it though?? after all still 2 tractors, same amount of red, ect, just a wage less ,and i recon to most the cost of the system will be prohibitve compaired to say a month or two's  wages when they are  busy for a driver?? may work state side with huge fileds, but here?? time will tell i guess

Some time?

That is nothing new man I have a video of old farm tractors and machinery and there is 2 Fordson Dexta's an one man can drive the two

It showed the tractors ploughing the first tractor was operated by the farmer and the second tractor followed the first tractor and did the same as it did it worked well for ploughing as both tractors could plough at the one time one be hind the other.

Your thinking of a DOE  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

case announced a plan like that last year, the sat nav on the combine controles the tractor and grain trailer . same idea really

Deere have it also, but it basically is you still need a driver, all it is that the two machines speed sync and the combine operator can maybe alter steering of the tractor too so that the load can be filled better as he can see in the trailer