There must be plenty of people on here who can beat this...

mrol

At 500 I wouldn't think he would be a member here from what I know of others collections. My collection is in excess of 3000, and that's just tractors, factor in implements, scenery items and figures then it would probably be around 5000 items. The lad needs to get out more!  ;)

He has got some nice display cabinets from that picture..... and to be fair 500 models is fairly impressive if you take the average model being worth say £25, but it probably just means his not as sad as some of us....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hate laughing when I've got a cold, it makes me cough. ...  when I cough I fart ... . ... and when I fart I .... .  :-[

Got to go!. . ...

I agree entirely - I've been collecting seriously for nearly 25 years, and my collection is only just over 1000 including implements, vehicles and combines.  I have only around 500 tractors. ( I have to admit to having a fairly large quantity of animals, accessories, buildings/playbases and point of sale material as well though  :-[ )

Some very rich people with huge houses seem to forget that we don't all have sufficient resources (either in spare money to spend on toys/models or to afford somewhere large enough to house them all  :( )

I would think FW have dropped this out to flush a few more collectors out into the open for a possible feature in FarmLife  ;) 

We had a poll on the forum a year or two ago and quite a few members had less than 500, some less than 100 (some only recently started had only a handful). I would think he isn't a member here, or he would have pointed FW in this general direction, but I see no reason why he shouldn't be.

I think the bloke needs a medal if his wife lets him keep them all over the house (exept the bedroom)

I get ear ache if i leave a new model in the living room for more than a few days.

We could dwindle the numbers down on here who are actually farm workers with a collection.

Fair play to the bloke as not so long ago I thought that i was allone in collecting so many models, That was until I found this little site on te internet with like minded people as myself and look what the forum has turned into.

My collection to date has been amassed only in the last 12 years when I started seriously collecting farm related toys and models, would not even try to think of what I've spent on them over those years but they were more affordable then and for a few years later until dealers tumbled to it that it was a very lucrative field and manufacturers like UH have joined the bandwagon. Trouble is, with one collection comes another, dust!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your kind coments and not so kind.

As you can see i am a member on here.

The person who took the photo is my landlady's farther who thourght it would make a good story as he hadn't seen anything like my collection before.

What you see in the picture is only part of what i have,implements,animals,buildings and other assorted crap i have gathered over the years!

It mat not be the biggest or best collection around but does'nt bother me as its my collection and im happy with it. :P

nothing to be ashamed of for sure. There are no doubt collector's with larger numbers of models, but every collection has its own twist and is special in it's own way. if you only own 10 or over a 1000, it really doesnt matter that much. 500 is still quite impressive and in the end the pleasure you get from your collection and collecting is what counts!

580claas : would you consider starting a topic on your collection in the "my collection" part of this site? i would love to see more pictures of it! 8)

I do agree with you Wil. Is bigger better or is it about being happy with the stuff you have.

Personally I'm happy with my collection of mostly Ford tractors and only a handful of implements. I made the choice to collect only Ford tractors almost 25 years ago and now have gathered about 500 pcs including some Roadless and County models.

When having a family, a mortgage on the house and other commitments and quite a lot of years ago a divorce, there's not a lot of money left for collecting when you have a normal job.

Jack and Will sum it up it me too... I'm on about 300 or so after many years.. Small house, lack of space and funds for me too keep my collecting frugal  :'(  .. But I'm pleased with it.. Like you too  ;)

Thanks for introducing yourself and please do post a topic of your collection in here when you get time. We are a nosy bunch of sods on here  :-[  :D  :D

I'ts always good to hear from the person who this topic actually applies to, like everything else reported in the media, it can get a little distorted along the way. I'm sure that all of us on here are not any better than each other when it comes to our collections, no matter how large or small, the important thing is that we all share the same interest in farming toy and model collecting. Like the actress said to the Bishop, size isn't important.