MarGe Models 2012

AJH

Even if they are not perfect. still cracking models. If you want the perfect thing, I am sure there are many used TW's out there and they are good value for money in my neck of the woods.

But I will be buying UH models as they are cheaper. If Marge really expect to sell their models they will have to make sure these models are worth it, ie more money.....more accurate.

• Like 1

Even if they are not perfect. still cracking models. If you want the perfect thing, I am sure there are many used TW's out there and they are good value for money in my neck of the woods.

But I will be buying UH models as they are cheaper. If Marge really expect to sell their models they will have to make sure these models are worth it, ie more money.....more accurate.

Go

Gotta agree with that, you could get a UH one and still have £20-30 spare for another mode or some serious customisations for the Ford, chunkier wheels for me.

heaven help us for years we all wanted classic tractors from model makers,

now we get them and its "all wrong"

get over yourselves people these are models not exact replicas.

the tractor used for reference was not sat in the ford factory just been built.

it must be25 years old and tyres and other things might be different. The standard wheel size for the front was 14.9/28 but might be smaller for different job.

so if you do not like it do not buy, or accept it for what it is a nice model of a classic 80"s tractor.

rant over >:( >:(>:( >:(

• Like 5

I think you are wrong here.

A replica is an exact 1:1 copy of the original.

A scale model is a represantation or a copy of an object, which seeks to maintain the relative proportions (the scale factor) of the physical size of the

original object.

By those definitions the Marge Fords with there out of proprtion noses are just toys. Nice toys maybe but never the less.

Theike

A scale model is a represantation or a copy of an object, which seeks to maintain the relative proportions (the scale factor) of the physical size of the

original object.

By those definitions the Marge Fords with there out of proprtion noses are just toys. Nice toys maybe but never the less.

Theike

I don't understand how you can class these as toys, a toy is something you give 2 year olds to play with, these models aren't something you can give to kids meaning, there not toys, when you scale anything down its almost impossible to get it the exact same as the 1:1 object

Now now girls take it easy! It doesn't matter what the definition of a toy or replica is. And if it does, not in this topic. Anyone can decide for themselves wether they want to buy Marge's models or not and if they find the impurities an issue or not.

While you wouldn't call them a toy they are not a replica either, a Classic Combines MF 1250 is a replica and you'll pay good money for it. However it is all in the eye of the beholder, Ford 8830 is not wrong in asking others to be realistic but then other are not wrong in wanting accuracy for their money, that's why we have a forum for us to 'discuss' such debates.

Personally Marge do models as well as anyone but with money being tight for me at the moment a couple of UH models may be more the ticket!

• Like 1

no way can you call that a toy,if your not happy with it try building one yourself,you should be happy then

So you agree. The Marge is not a good model. It does have (too big) flaws.

I don't have to make my models. I'm a modelcollector and I would like to see a good represantation of a farmmodel to buy.

Don't forget the Marge Fords are sold too! .... for twice the price.

The old Britains County (for exampl.) I own and treasure, doesn't have a detailed interior but they are

in proportion.

Theike

original object.

Theike

thats not the point if it was an exact copy of the original in 1-32 scale the detail would have to be so intricate that the price would be huge. further more you say the the model is a representation of the real machine and not an exact copy. so there will be parts that are not 100% correct in that scale. world class enginers with the money of ford did not produce 2 tw25s that were the same all had minor differences. and we (model collectors) become distorted into what the original machines looked like and carry this over to the model

• Like 4