MarGe Models 2012

AJH

Thats more like it!  My creditcard is already twitching in my wallet ;D

A couple of mistakes were made on the generation 1 models but these gen2 ones look spot on :)  I drove a 7610 gen 2 on an E plate new in 87 and it was the first to feature the fat front wheelhub (not any of the gen 1 models)

I would love to see what its rear linkage looks like too  ::) hopefully its better than UHs 7810 :(

No question that the Q cab gen2 Ford series were the most charismatic blue tractors ever made IMO

Here's my reason for rather looking forward to adding the 4wd Gen II example to my collection. This tractor belongs to my contracting friends who run the spotless fleet of New Holland TM tractors i've photographed on many occasions. It was bought as a "hobby" tractor by the boss of the company and has been put to work for a few hours this year on hay making and trailer duties. Whilst i've yet to photograph the tractor in action myself I have a friend who works for them to thank for kindly providing this photograph.

316085_239345892774119_100000961302940_662005_1021707_n1.jpg

Here's a few other Gen II 7610 tractors i've photographed over the past year or so for comparison.

DSC09956.jpg

DSC09957.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

P1110238-1.jpg

Just to clarify then - a few weeks ago there was a lot of discussion saying UH where going to produce a 7610. Was this incorrect and in fact it was these gen II models from Marge or are there still plans for a competing model from UH?

I bought a Ford 7610 from MarGe the other day but I noticed something odd. It appears to have a hole in the roof on the left side but nothing to go in it? Was this for a beacon that never was made or something?

If you look on the website from MarGe Models theirs also don't have beacons or antenna's fitted. You can see what I mean here: http://www.margemodels.com/images/f8.jpg

Any ideas?

I bought a Ford 7610 from MarGe the other day but I noticed something odd. It appears to have a hole in the roof on the left side but nothing to go in it? Was this for a beacon that never was made or something?

If you look on the website from MarGe Models theirs also don't have beacons or antenna's fitted. You can see what I mean here: http://www.margemodels.com/images/f8.jpg

Any ideas?

If I am looking at the same bit that you are, it should have one on both sides of the roof - on the real ones there was an indentation in the roof moulding about in the middle each side to accomodate a stud to hold the roof on (together with the two plough lamp bracket mountings which held the rear down, and I think a single stud in the middle at the front).