Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed capturing the very fine line up of Nuffields Bill. I think that's the third rowcrop Nuffield i've captured, certainly can't be that many around. There was a very smart restored example that I photographed at the Millenium show also at Newark. With regards to the subject of restoration, here's my take. Each to their own, most importantly the tractor is being preserved and the owner is gaining enjoyment out of taking the tractor to shows. That said there have been one or two restorations i've seen over the years that have had me thinking; "What have they done?" The Big Bud tractor that resides in the UK being one of them. 

The lorry next to the Thames Trader is a Fordson WOT. :)

David...I agree on what you are saying on restorations and I have said in the past if an owner wants to paint his tractor tartan well so be it since if it is his he can do as he pleases ;) ;) ....but as yet I have still to find one in tartan....maybe that is what I will end up doing with my unpainted French Farmall Cub :-\ :-\

I honestly would never have thought of Fordson....it looked chunky and American but had right hand drive so that ruled out an American model for me. Anyway nice to see something different again 8)

David...I agree on what you are saying on restorations and I have said in the past if an owner wants to paint his tractor tartan well so be it since if it is his he can do as he pleases ;) ;) ....but as yet I have still to find one in tartan....maybe that is what I will end up doing with my unpainted French Farmall Cub :-\ :-\

I honestly would never have thought of Fordson....it looked chunky and American but had right hand drive so that ruled out an American model for me. Anyway nice to see something different again 8)

Fully concur Bill given there's both blue and pink "Grey" Fergies to follow from my travels to Newark.  ;) 

I think the only other Fordson lorries i've seen similar to the one i've photographed have all been decked out in military colours. :)

Moving into the pavillion where Andy and the Model Farmer stand were located and yet more Ford based tractors. Not totally convinced with all the plant life surrounding the tractors in this hall.

Starting with Paul Wright's County Super 6 and Ford 7000.

P1120297.jpg

P1120298.jpg

Home brewed tracked conversion designed for heavy winching and recovery.

P1120301.jpg

P1120300.jpg

P1120308.jpg

P1120299.jpg

Moving outside again and onto the main theme of this years show John Deere and Lanz. For me it was the spectacle of seeing all the classics on display both outside and in the hall where they were housed, 3120, 4020 and 5020 tractors etc. However first up here's the modern machines that were on display.

P1120322.jpg

P1120323.jpg

P1120312.jpg

Another tractor that has graced the pages of Classic Tractor in the past is this big 2wd 4630.

P1120331.jpg

Followed by 4240S and 4440 tractors.

P1120328.jpg

P1120315.jpg

Just to the other side from where the "standard" John Deere tractors were sat there were three much modified tractor pullers. Great to see Bedfordia Farms "Deere Stalker" that features in a book I have called "Full Pull" by Geoff Ashcroft. Once a regular tractor in the 3.5 tonne Superstock class many years ago.

P1120333.jpg

P1120335.jpg

P1120338.jpg

Great Pictures David, thanks for taking the time to post them - Looking forward to viewing the rest tomorrow  ;):)

Thanks Mark, you're very welcome. Always enjoy sharing my photographs on here from events and rallies I attend such as this. Especially when there's so many fascinating and rare exhibits in attendance. Definitely an event i'd recommend to anyone interested in all things tractors, trucks and machinery. Great friendly atmosphere too. :)

Brilliant compilation David. The Ford 8730 is probably my favourite of the show although seeing that custom Ford crawler on the move was quite a sight. Does anyone know of the background of that Jewelltrac Logmaster? Another very interesting machine to see! Thanks again for sharing David!

Brilliant compilation David. The Ford 8730 is probably my favourite of the show although seeing that custom Ford crawler on the move was quite a sight. Does anyone know of the background of that Jewelltrac Logmaster? Another very interesting machine to see! Thanks again for sharing David!

Thanks Andy, appreciate your kind feedback, really enjoying sharing my photographs on here of the event. The big Ford 8730 was an impressive looking tractor. It means I now have photographs of both power shift and dual power versions residing in my photographic collection. The older TW-35 just edges it as my favourite tractor from the event. :)

I'm fairly certain there was a small piece in the news section of Classic Tractor on the Jewelltrac being brought into preservation. I've mistakenly called it a Logmaster this was the name Roadless gave to their versions, the Jewelltrac example was christened the Logtrac. According to Stuart Gibbard's book on Roadless Traction, Bridgwater based Ford dealers L.F.Jewell bought the Roadless Traction business and manufacturing rights in 1983. As part of the stock and spares they took on there was also one unfinished Roadless Logmaster that Jewells completely redesigned and fitted a turbo charged engine to. It was evaluated in Devon before being sold to a Scottish customer 1991.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Moving into the marquee and the sight of a magnificent gathering of classic green and yellow machines. I've never seen so many 3120 and 4020 machines in the same place. There were some wonderful vintage examples too including several variations of early John Deere "GP" General Purpose tractor and some very fine Lanz tractors too.

Commencing with the classics and this immaculate narrow 820.

P1120339.jpg

P1120340.jpg

P1120341.jpg

P1120342.jpg

Fantastic looking 4020 with period canopy.

P1120343.jpg

P1120344.jpg