Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

more great photos david,some cracking tractors there and a nice spread of manafacturers

Thanks ever so much Paul. Easily one of the most comprehensive tractor rallies i've attended in recent years, great atmosphere and some superb tractors on display. :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another eclectic mix of tractors starting with this smart little Deutz.

P1120607.jpg

....followed by ( just for Mike "robbo" Robinson ) an equally tidy Same Minitauro 60.

P1120608.jpg

Bolinder Munktalls Terrier.

P1120609.jpg

Paul Ducksbury's Universal 651 M

P1120605.jpg

Lastly from this group a pair of Steyrs.

P1120602.jpg

Never expected to see one of these....a Steyr ( Dutra ) 1300 imported from Spain.

P1120611.jpg

Blimey and there are still more to come by the looks of it!!

I have to point out my favourites:

Tracked 5000

MF 148

MF185 with cab

Narrow track TE20

County 754

JD 4240S

JD4955

But my absolute favourite has to be one of the first photos you posted up of the sale, David. What a beauty that old Series 1 Land Rover is!!!  :of :of :of :of :of

You must've been a busy bee all day to get that lot in frame one by one mate. Super clear photos even under all those dazzling lights though, very much appreciated to see them all and have a good 'perv' through them  :) :) :)

Another eclectic mix of tractors starting with this smart little Deutz.

....followed by ( just for Mike "robbo" Robinson ) an equally tidy Same Minitauro 60.

P1120608.jpg

Thanks David, I take it that was the only worthwhile tractor at the entire event.........................  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know how you remember all the details about individual tractors but it always makes it a very informative read so thanks for taking the time and effort to post them all.

There is a thread over on BFF where they are complaining that there weren't many tractors to see this year  :of well judging by the number of photo's you have posted they must have been walking round with their eyes closed ::)

Blimey and there are still more to come by the looks of it!!

I have to point out my favourites:

Tracked 5000

MF 148

MF185 with cab

Narrow track TE20

County 754

JD 4240S

JD4955

But my absolute favourite has to be one of the first photos you posted up of the sale, David. What a beauty that old Series 1 Land Rover is!!!  :of :of :of :of :of

You must've been a busy bee all day to get that lot in frame one by one mate. Super clear photos even under all those dazzling lights though, very much appreciated to see them all and have a good 'perv' through them  :) :) :)

Almost there Tris, just a few more sets to come from the show. That Series 1 Landrover was in very fine fettle:)

Thank you for your very kind feedback. Some of them are by no means the sharpest of photographs i'll ever take but it's not the easiest of tasks at show like this with the lighting and volume of people around. Much harder to pick and choose which direction you take them from. I was chasing around, up and down like a Yo-Yo all day, well worth it though, had an absoulutely fantastic day. Maybe I should change my moniker to the "tractor paparazzi" :) 

Thanks David, I take it that was the only worthwhile tractor at the entire event.........................  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know how you remember all the details about individual tractors but it always makes it a very informative read so thanks for taking the time and effort to post them all.

There is a thread over on BFF where they are complaining that there weren't many tractors to see this year  :of well judging by the number of photo's you have posted they must have been walking round with their eyes closed ::)

You're very welcome Mike and thank you ever so much. It was great to see a really well restored classic Same. Haven't photographed all that many in preservation before so it was nice to see. :)

I seem to be quite good at remembering things about tractors i've previously seen in magazines, at other rallies, or in books I have in my collection. I still really wished I'd bought a program though then I would have been able provide a lot more running commentary to accompany my photographs.

I find it quite extraordinary people are complaining about the lack of exhibits, given the quality and quantity that were on display this year. As you rightly say Mike they must have been walking around with their eyes closed. I came home with the best part of 800 photographs with very few repeats. Some people are clearly very difficult to please.

Continuing the theme with a smart Super Major followed by a Dexta with an interesting history.

P1120708.jpg

P1120726.jpg

P1120727.jpg

Lastly from this set Bernard Saunders Doe grader.

P1120618.jpg

Followed by a pair of Doe tractors making that four examples seen at this year's show.

P1120656.jpg

Now I like the idea of this...Forget any fancy decorations if you want a proper ornament for your restaurant or bistro....get a Doe Triple D. :)

P1120659.jpg

Here's one of my favourite tractors from last year Richard Fenton's stunning County 1124.

P1120641.jpg

Followed by George Yarwood's pin sharp and beautifully presented Roadless 78 and 120 tractors.

P1120638-1.jpg

P1120637-1.jpg

Having captured the majority of the exhibits in the George Stephenson Hall it was time to head for home. Unfortunatley due to a lack of time I failed to have aproper look around the commercial vehicles, although I did find this rather nice combination on my way out.

P1120736.jpg

P1120737.jpg

Lastly seen on D.A.Brigg's lorry this baby Fiat crawler.

P1120738.jpg

Before I sign off my photographic tour completely from saturday, here's some new feathered friends of mine I photographed in one of the other halls loacted further down from where the tractors were displayed.

"Loxley" the Lanner Falcon.

P1120044.jpg

"Mac" the Harris Hawk.

P1120046.jpg

"Ozzy" the Eagle Owl.

P1120049.jpg

Last but certainly by no means least ( unfortunatley possibley the most out of focus images I took )

"Beau" the Great Grey Owl.

P1120043.jpg

P1120042.jpg

Hope everyone has enjoyed my photographic tour of one of the best tractor rallies on the calendar. Definitely an event i'd recommend travelling to, great atmosphere, loads of friendly people and some fantastic exhibits. Thanks again for all your kind comments. :)

Moving onto the classic blues starting with pre-Force and Force 5000 tractors, followed by a lovely 7000.

P1120640.jpg

Some great photos there David :) the ford above is for sale, yours for around £20K. The bloke that owns it spent 14,500 on the tractor and parts, as well as over 800 hours on it  :of :of

I didn't get change to get around the George Stephenson hall David so thanks again from me for covering the room so comprehensively. The Doe grader stands out for me. Was this a Doe machine through and through or has someone been converting an original?

Some great photos there David :) the ford above is for sale, yours for around £20K. The bloke that owns it spent 14,500 on the tractor and parts, as well as over 800 hours on it  :of :of

Thanks Patrick, appreciated. Good to catch up with you and Andy in the John Deere marquee, had a really great day. That 7000 looked superb, bit out of my price range, i'll just have to stick with my Britains 1/32nd example for now. :D  Great to see three very fine examples of Ford 7000 on display aswell as an equally immaculate 7600. :)

I didn't get change to get around the George Stephenson hall David so thanks again from me for covering the room so comprehensively. The Doe grader stands out for me. Was this a Doe machine through and through or has someone been converting an original?

You're very welcome Andy and thank you for your kind comments. There were some very special tractors located in the George Stephenson hall. I think the sight of the Steyr ( Dutra ) 1300 was possiblely my favourite from this part of the rally. Although it's always great to see historically significant machines such as Robert Crawford's grey Standard Motor Company tractor too. Four Doe dual tractors and 3 John Deere artics, again, not many rallies that can boast a gathering of tractors such as this. I believe the Doe grader is a genuine Doe product that was built as a one off. I think I have more information on this machine in last years program from Newark which i'll endeavour to have a look for in due course. :)