Universal Hobbies 2012 - 1:32

AJH

Got the Limited edition MF 2620 instock and the weight handles are at the bottom of the weights and you can see they have all been made like this. The weights are the wrong shape and size for the 2000 series tractors even Britains got this nearly right back in the early 80's sorry for the moan!

i have seen the odd 2000 with them weights, but yes as a rule they are wrong,as for the wheels, cheers for the sizespaul, i have a little number to do on one at least when they come out ,which also needs another one out at the same time to 8) i will get a right looking 690 i promise, so the 2000 donor may well get upsized to the e version rather than waste it

I wonder if they will make a 2720/2725E next? Obviously they would need to change the wheels to the heavier cast pavement type design and therefore bigger tyres and as the 2720 was an later addition to the three models just released there would need to be a second generation decal which didnt have the big MF letters on it.

Below is a picture taken by me in 1987 of a "C" Reg MF2725E run by one of the locals at the time...................as you can see it was as good as any 2000 ever got :) with a nice (rare) set of rear wheelweights and chunky tyres (for that era) the machine was one season old at the time the picture was taken and there were two other 2725s local as well I recall, but no 2720s.

Edited by BOB3085

I had both the yellow & white countys & also the TW ford s made by Britains -- when i sold them a few years ago could of sold them 10 over times over think they went for the £100 up mark each , but like you say not really that good on the eye ,