Universal Hobbies 2012 - 1:16

AJH

on comparison an ertl 1/16th scale is now pushing the £100 mark so the extra detail on the uh one should be worth it and the 1/32 quadtrac from uh will be £90 so its not too bad in respect

I have to agree with you on that one Brian, alot of 1/32nd scale stuff is now heading up £50 so double the size and double the price it not be too bad, 1/16th 7000 and 7600 are around the £55 to £60 but alot of the tooling costs would have been shared with the 5000's. This 1455 will have been new from the ground up so bit dearer to cover the tooling.

Just need a big ish plough or a power hungry forager to go on the back of it :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they where for dealerships but already sold out at Case-IH. >:(

It seems that also the February 2013 charge is heavily overbooked. UH has much more orders at hand then there will be available from this 2000# limited edition. UH Resellers will only get a very limited amount of there pre-order delivered. :-

Anyhow, I have (had) the item in my hands and it's (with nearly 6 Lb weight) really a beautifull creature ::)

• 3 weeks later...

baffeled me on the doors and windows when we saw the early pics, they do it on certain 32nd models now so a 16th one should be very easy to do

Your right Sean, maybe it's because now opening doors and windows is becoming more widespread in 32nd scale by UH, Imber, Wiking, then 16th scale should follow the pattern, its not that long ago that doors and windows that open were mods done by custom builders............ Maybe UH doesn't feel 16th has the following that 32nd does ::)

Well I am cancelling my order, a model this size which has no opening doors, windows is frankly unforgivable. May sound extreme but at that price I expect uber-detail in 1:16 scale, particularly (as others have said) when the practice is widespread already in 1:32

Its been done by others in 1/16th already, Ertl have had opening doors and windows on some of their Precision Key Series for a few years, i think from memory the first was the 4440 Deere, but then Classic Combines doors and windows open on the JCB's and the doors on the MF1200s as well as the doors and windows on the Duncan cab, that Andy builds. :)

Maybe UH should look at the 32nd scale stuff and then look again at what they do in 1/16th?? ::)

Doc andys classic combines are totally different to uh really as the are hand built , but the production ertl ones ain't like you say , I could understand the early fords they did as it was a new thing to them in a way , but now 3/4 years on they havnt really moved on

To be fair, as Sean says, there is no 1:16 equal comparison (I have ever seen) to Classic Combines work but then again they command a much higher price. Ertl is a more reasonable comparison and let's not forget this International Model is over £100, I would expect functional doors at least at that price, as nice as the model is (would be great for a major weathering/ageing >:D )

Edited by MuirHillyBilly

thats the key, 100 quid plus, and limited edition to(all be it 1500?? ) at that cost and lowish run, you expect a good few extras for your £'s / euros , if custom guys and uh themselfs can do 32nd door hinges, then a 16th one is a doddle, give me an hr on a uh ford and i could put them on,once the doors cut out , and at that size they would prob look like they should design wise to, afterall its not a toy like the smaller stuff, this is a pro collectors model

I know what you mean Sean, and MuirhillBilly, there is nowt to touch Andys models, UH could have done alot more, like Ertl did to the Deere's...... Maybe it down to a set price on the tooling, or more breakages in transit or hamfisted removal from the box then claiming it was broken before the box was open? ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a real good look at this model today and visually it is really stunning , so much so I very nearly bought one , however after consideration at a average 160 euros here , the lack of opening panels doesn't justify the out lay in my view , side panels do t come off to show engine detailing, and as discussed no opening doors or rear screen. Honestly if your a case ih fan yes get one, in terms of general detailing and sheer size it's worth it, for a general collector like me it lacks the overall "working detail " I would like to see at that cost.for me it's 6 out of ten , with a little effort it could have been so much more and filling a gap in my loft.