new tractor

smish

i reckon the ford is the best of the lot although a few of the ones ive looked at had a bit of a blow in the engine. goin to llook at these two tomorrow,case is clean and good value,ford is liitle rusty but should clean up well.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry too much about blow. That engine will go all the way to 190hp - although the back end can start complaining at about 120hp.

It is essentially the same engine as used in the TW35 and County 1884.

Think about it: How many 7810s do you see for every 56 series International? Around these parts it is at least 15 to 1.

I wouldn't worry too much about blow. That engine will go all the way to 190hp - although the back end can start complaining at about 120hp.

It is essentially the same engine as used in the TW35 and County 1884.

Think about it: How many 7810s do you see for every 56 series International? Around these parts it is at least 15 to 1.

yea they are a lot more popular around here too.that one posted earlier is in paddy laceys in ferns,he has some really top class stuff there,you could spend the day down there looking at his stuff,all top class. that one was just in from holland and had twin assisators on the back and 4 spools. probably had a lot of hard work done though

From personal experience, i've had a 7810 which was an excellent tractor but it was a poor starter from cold and several other owners locally all say the same.  Up until 2 years ago we had a 110-90 Fiat which had covered 7500hrs and had very little trouble in its life. To say that that little tractor could pull would be an understatement, it had bucketfulls of grunt and would pull 14 tons of barley with ease, and no it hadn't been tweaked. Have you considered going for a Fiat Winner or F series tractor F100,110,120,130,140? We still run a F140 with 7600hrs on it and apart from routine maintainence and general age related wear like a clutch has never been no trouble. For your money they represent very good value as the Iveco engines are bombproof and much better than the Ford ones

That's a really tidy 7810.........only criticism I would have is they were relatively light on front end, but went OK.  ;)

We had one on our farm about 10 years ago i suppose and to be honest in my dads words "it was unreliable tractor barring the zetor that he ever drove"  ;)

Didn't bother me as i loved it  ;)

We had one on our farm about 10 years ago i suppose and to be honest in my dads words "it was unreliable tractor barring the zetor that he ever drove"  ;)

I loved our one too, it just had little niggles. My neighbour here had 2 turbo'd 7810's, one of which he used to pull a 3 row tanker type beet harvester. I lost count of the number of times that i saw one of them being towed back to the farm yard

i guess a 3 row beet harvester would be a little hard on them alright. a guy near me had one that he turbo'd and he used to pull a 3.5m one pass with it. he turbo'd it himself,done a savage job on it,he had all the feed pipes made up in stainless steel,he was a real perfectionist,you could hear the whistle of it for miles,lovely sound off her

OT, but a neighbour only has two Zetors (14145s ?) both turboed to 145 and 160 hp. They run like sewing machines. If they do break down, they are easy to fix but bloomin rough and noisy to drive  ;)

OT, but a neighbour only has two Zetors (14145s ?) both turboed to 145 and 160 hp. They run like sewing machines. If they do break down, they are easy to fix but bloomin rough and noisy to drive  ;)

The Zetor we had was in the early 80's cant remember much about it can just see an image of it in my mind, i was a young whipper snapper you know  ;) ;) still am  ;) but they were a big joke back then in our local farms but there are still a few about now and have asked a few of the local guys what they think and as you say they are pretty happy with them, i guess if you get a reputation ref skoda its very differcult to shift it.  ;)

I remember overtaking him on it on the way to  East Sussex Ploughing match at Magham Down ploughing match with my 6600 , just past the Squirrel Inn along towards Ashburnham. He was cussing it about being so slow on the road when we met up on the field headland to start! ;D ;D ;D Oh it was a 12045. :D

I remember overtaking him on it on the way to  East Sussex Ploughing match at Magham Down ploughing match with my 6600 , just past the Squirrel Inn along towards Ashburnham. He was cussing it about being so slow on the road when we met up on the field headland to start! ;D ;D ;D Oh it was a 12045. :D

:D :D :D :D Sounds spot on  :D :D :D

:D :D I just can picture that  :D :D

7810 all the way

My Godfather has all Massey in his yard, from a 3690 down, but there in the corner of the yard is a shiny blue 7810 II.

The 7810 was Ford's best selling tractor from the day they brought it out - after years of people telling them they should make it. The prototype was designed by South Essex Motors, a Ford Dealer, but it drew heavily on the experience of County with the 1164, 1174 and Ford 8100 which were effectively the same principle.

Update:

County had originally done the 7810 concept more than 20 years previously - in 1966.

This is the only one built, and it was sent to Australia for field trials - the precursor for the 8401 that followed years later.

weel guys,heres the latest, set out at 7 this morning,looked at a 956xl,it was a pile of rust after he had told me on the phone it was immaculate!!!! then looked at a 110/90,nice tractor and a lovely drive but was rough enough for the money he was looking for it.on the way home by chance called to a local dealer, found me a lovely jd 3050 turbo. it was down in his farm and his son was out spreading dung with it so i went and had a look,she was in lovely condition,tin work perfect and mechanically 100%. so i spread a couple of loads for him and i was well impressed.

hopefully gonna pick her up at next weekend.

anyone know of any common faults with them that i may have missed?

here's a pic for you guys.

Biggest faults that i am aware of with these tractors is the PTO clutch pack from what i was told by our fitter at work a few months back, other than that i don't think that there is a lot that causes grief on them. Depending on the hours its done, it should last well. My neighbours 3350 done 10 000hrs before his clutch pack needed replacing, his gets used on a power harrow, Taarup forager and JD baler PTO wise, so it lasted well.

You'll get Betty Swallocks galore as you can't spread your legs 'cos of the gear linkage shrouding on the right. I drove a 3350 mowing on and off for a few days in '88 and got pee'd off with it bruising my right knee where it kept bashing against it. Let us know if you find the same. ???

You'll get Betty Swallocks galore as you can't spread your legs 'cos of the gear linkage shrouding on the right. I drove a 3350 mowing on and off for a few days in '88 and got pee'd off with it bruising my right knee where it kept bashing against it. Let us know if you find the same. ???

they must have been pretty bumpy fields? i found it nice enough to drive,i like the long flat accelorator pedal nice on  them.didnt mind the column on  the right at all,found the cab pretty roomy.

well guys,

went and collected my new 3050 this morning. im very happy with her.not much work going on at home at the moment so i borrowed a friends 24ft tandem axlr trailer,half filled her with dung and headed off for the big hill up the road from him. was amazed,just dropped a half gear on the dual power and she snored away up it.

came home then and tidied her up a bit inside and gave it a good cleaning.am very hapy with my new baby,roll on the silage season!!

well done smish , good looking tractor that, very comfortable to spent a working day in , is it a 30,40 or 50 k box ?

be wary of & check the lift arms thoroughly if they're all cast as some had a tendency to snap usually the nearside for some reason ,i had this happen to me with 3650 & a 4055 both the same side & both when it was with a 4mtr combi drill  :-\

other than that it's a good drive you'll enjoy it

remember to use the proper ccolant ,it may cost a bit more but it's worth it  ;)

well done smish , good looking tractor that, very comfortable to spent a working day in , is it a 30,40 or 50 k box ?

be wary of & check the lift arms thoroughly if they're all cast as some had a tendency to snap usually the nearside for some reason ,i had this happen to me with 3650 & a 4055 both the same side & both when it was with a 4mtr combi drill  :-\

other than that it's a good drive you'll enjoy it

remember to use the proper ccolant ,it may cost a bit more but it's worth it  ;)

Thats a definate, never put anti-freeze in a tractor thats had JD cool guard in it or vice-versa as the two do not mix at all and may ruin the cooling system, has been known to destroy rubber parts within

thanks guys, is the john deere stuff a different colour or how will i know if its different to the ordinary blue coolant?

mjb,she is a 30k model,high lift,doesnt have the air con,but she is clocking about 21-22 mph on the road. didnt wan t to go for 40k as i was told they can give trouble.

Thats a definate, never put anti-freeze in a tractor thats had JD cool guard in it or vice-versa as the two do not mix at all and may ruin the cooling system, has been known to destroy rubber parts within

Guest Fendt pwr

I don't need to put my 2 cents in now that you've picked a tractor but I just need to say.......

The MF 399 is a sweet tractor to drive. :) :) :) :)

thanks guys, is the john deere stuff a different colour or how will i know if its different to the ordinary blue coolant?

The John Deere stuff is almost a luminous yellow/green colour compared to the blue that the ordinary stuff is.  The Renault Ares tractors use the same so their dealers also keep it in stock as rule, i don't know if you can get it from other dealers besides them or JD. I can find out the difference in make up at work tomorrow if you want as we keep both types in the workshop