Concrete Effect Paint

toyboy

Question

15 answers to this question

I got to admit the off white paint is ac good as any. The spray I think comes out to stickled from what I have seen. Polyfilla is very, very good but once dry it isn't very plyable. That said, mine hasn't cracked on three or four years.....

Time to top this thread again.

I've been using a Berger Undercoat called Lead Grey to paint concrete walls and floors for the last few years, but now I've run out and can't find it in any of the hardware shops.

Can anyone advise an off-the-shelf alternative, or how to go about mixing a home made alternative.

spooky, was going to start a topic about this, popped into my local model shop today, and behind the counter they had a proper bottle of" concrete finish " effect paint for i asume doing military dios, couldnt see the name of the maker on it, as i was in a hurry, but wil get it on sat when i am back in, has anyone else come across this and if so is it any good?

Time to top this thread again.

I've been using a Berger Undercoat called Lead Grey to paint concrete walls and floors for the last few years, but now I've run out and can't find it in any of the hardware shops.

Can anyone advise an off-the-shelf alternative, or how to go about mixing a home made alternative.

go to any trade  paint store or do it your self store with a paint mixing machine you have the name of the colour they should be able to mix it,definately the trade paint places can

Sand works or railway ballast but it is a sharp surface which even over-painted can damage models. As mine are old lead toys I don't want the paint scratched if the model falls over so I use stone effect Plasticote which can be obtained from most DIY stores and has a non-abrasive surface