As I was sitting in the sun outside, my friend stopped by to deliver my box of "Jaffa Cakes" that I been waiting to taste for 4 years. All I heard was "Jaffa cake jaffa cake, love our jaffa cake"....so had to try them...just happens our neighbor poodle was out there and his owner insisited I share one with his poodle, "Rambo". Rambo gobbed it, missing 3 of my fingers by a nat's eyelash...then started gagging, which resulted in puking all over my flipflops.. >:( . pommy dog, so I tried one...gulp, chewed and chewed, then me wife says, "what's matter Rick, you don't look too good"? :of :of :of :of waaaaaaaddddeerr wadddderr puulzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!, I pleaded, "what" my wife says, I finally was able to swallow, "WATER, GIVE ME SOME WATER......GUZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE...Maddy, "not so good huh"? Yuck, garbage ??? ??? .....I can't believe I waited 4 years for this crap........last time I trust those Lime Juicers!!! ::)

Oh Pops.... you have no class whatsoever bless you. To appreciate the Jaffa Cake is akin to appreciating a fine wine or a vintage champagne... one has to sniff the Jaffa Cake first.. roll it against ones left ear to hear the chocolate crackle (and judge the depth of dark chocolate loveliness) .. then one has to bite the orangy bit clean off the top before commencing on the remainder of the spongey, chocolatey chassis.

In the North of England they do things slightly different by nibbling around the rim to devour the flat plateau, thus leaving the raised Orangey blob still sandwiched between it's chocolate roof and spongey 'deriere' ...

You don't just don your 10 gallon hat and get stuck in for god sake man.. it's just not the 'done thing' ... like I said... No Class

143 old man

knew a bloke once... tried to fob me off with an imitation 'Smith Kendon' travel sweet... terrible trick to play on a so called mate... PAH..... mind you.. got my own back... when he came to visit me I did a little bit of wee in his coffee :ofO0

Now Pops... please don't tell us that you've been running your Jaffa Initiation with a 'Mock-Jaffa' ... oh the shame of it... you'll have to be banned for life... tarred and feathered.. given 40 lashes of the cat'o'nine tails... sent to bed with no tea and MADE to eat a 'Lime Flavoured' Jaffa cake as pennance.

Sadly Sean.. the 'Smith Kendongate' scandal will not ever go away... as times rolls on... memories fade... but for those it effected so deeply it WILL NEVER be completely confined to the annals of history :'(

As for Pops... I guess we'd better cut him a little slack as he is by far the oldest member we have... There can't be many members on here who owned a 'MkI T Rex' for their family ride .. 'back in the olden days'

As for Pops... I guess we'd better cut him a little slack as he is by far the oldest member we have... There can't be many members on here who owned a 'MkI T Rex' for their family ride .. 'back in the olden days'

Probably his taste buds are worn out, too!

Not funny :- Says made in UK.....That explains it....plus I opened the wrong end..hmmm I just noticed a whole box only cost 1 pound 99. duh that should of been a dead giveaway....Im late posting because I spent the morning in the water closet (wc) to you blokes, unloading orange blossems warheades......No need for Markys 4 post and Seans 2 and no john, my taste buds are very american cultured like..... 8) Thanks Mike I knew someone had some culture over there........

Cake?? Misleading they are dry old wafer cookies with a dash of choc with some orange junk thrown on....It has put me right off from watching Dowton Abby this week ??? Good news is we left one on the counter over night and seems with a small drill they will make wonderful Christmas ornaments for the tree.... ;D glued two together, best door stop we ever had......put one outside, even the snakes stay away.............

Andy please don't take any advertisement from them for Model Farmer, it would just break my heart... ::)

Plus Im not that old...........and if Andy," big cheese" is serving them at Mod meeting, we know know why they are a testy lot >:D

McVitie's Jaffa Cake, more like McYuck poker chips...

Well it was you who kicked the hornets nest old man... don't blame us if you get stung :-*

You can call me names, smack my kids... insult my wife... EVEN... call me a John Deere fan... but DO NOT speak ill of (that's 'dis' in Yankie talk I do believe) the mighty Jaffa Cake. Keep eating them and in time you will grow to understand the complex love that the modern, forward thinking, intelegent man has cultivated for that orangey, chocolatey, spongey little package of pure delight.

Now I know we should respect our elders and all that... but I have to serve you notice right now that I am pretty boiling over this whole incident... any more negative comments on the subject or the jaffa cake from you will result in, not only a posting ban, but also you'll be made to clean Seans Pants for a year.. BOTH pairs >:( .. as we speak... a team of firemen in chemical spilage suits are assisting Andy with the loading of them into a staniless steel lined jiffy bag with your home address already on it ;)

Oh... and also... as the Senior Moderator on FTF I have been delegated by my fellow Moderators, and indeed the Right Honourable Andy Shiela Cheddage OBE, to present you with this token of our appreciation of your recent work on here....

PpppppppppppppWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwTtttttttttttttttttttttttttttHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I cannot believe I have just wasted 10 minutes typing that out when I have cabbages to sniff, carrots to peel and sprouts to 'wind test' ::)O0

I you think they are crispy wafers AND are McVities then I am afraid you have been given some really old and stale ones, Rick. The base should be soft and moist - cake albeit thin

Auntie Sue.... I can see what you are trying to do here for the old far... man... but seriously... give up on him... he's beyond education now... what's the 'lime-juicers' expression... you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear'ole.

He's never appreciate the finer things in life.. like the Jaffa Cake, Bens Wallet and Sean's spelling

Nice to see you lot are still a bit mental :-*

I too like Jaffa cakes but I never seem to get in quick enough at the shows :-[

And as for 8 in a minute does the rules stat you have to chew them if not bring it on with my svelt build and my small appetite im sure I could give it a try >:D

Would someone send a crate of jaffa's over so i can get training

And still can't find the spell checker >:(

hmmm, begining to think I'm the only person along with Rick who thinks Jaffa cakes are, as Crocodile Dundee once said about something "You can eat them, but they taste like $**t "

Edited by MDFord

This thread has gone too Random, and I went through the 12 step random recovering program, after Andy threaten to take away my pwwwttttttthhhhhhhh priviledge, which you can see the smiley is now gone because abuse by the wind up artist like Marky and Sean....so now maybe I got a bad box huh? Aunty Sue always has a way of calming things down.......but still there is no need for character assisnation by Marky and Sean...I only post once every few months....always seem to end up with a lot of grief :'( I know Sean is an in the closet Yank lover but Marky, there is no call for slandering us yankee doodles that way......

Have you met my new friend MDFord?? what a nice chap......... :-*