Silage Trailers

Hi i was wondering if any one could recommend a good scratchbuilt silage trailer to purchase or know of any good makers of them/websites etc as i am looking for one or two?also how good is the quality of scratch built items in general compared to mainstrem companies like uh/britains?ps if anyone has pics that would be a great help also

Edited by bob123

it really depends where you are in the uk , many people on here will plug one or two particular guys, however, they are mainly irish kit,with the odd item uk based with one of them ,

if you want uk stuff try these guys http://www.threeoaksfarmmodels.co.uk/

good few people on here have them, i have two small marstons . however, the new britains kanes a good model, and with a few tweeks can be made to look very nice, and at a fraction of the price ,why not buy one and have a go at your first conversion? thats how many of us started out .

Like Sean said, it depends where you are and what you want. If you simply want the best 1/32 scale scratchbuilt silage trailer then you will struggle to beat Ciaran's Dooley trailers on the afore mentiones link to perfect-32.

If you want price first, Britains' Kane offering is hard to beat. Then the few European types for detail and price are worth a look.

For price and something nice, scratchbuilt and carrying all but a few details then the links above to modelfarmer and threeoaks are again worth a look. I have a 10t AS grain trailer and a 14t AS silage trailer both built by Dan at Three Oaks. I am very pleased with both of them and they are also models of trailers I have used in real life. Dan has also done Bailey, Richard Western and Stewart silage trailers and even more are due.

Another worthy mention is Andy Ingram who has a speciality for Stewart Trailers...... Superb. I don't own one but I've had a good look at one in my own dirty hands and they are very, very good models. On here his username is Big A.

If it were me on a budget ,i would take the Britains KANES or even the Marston is quiet alright. I was looking at the Kanes & they seem the best value for money right now on the market in terms of 1/32 trailers from the big boy model manufacturers . But if you want real fine detail & have the cash to splash out you could be talking anything from £70 -£120 on a scratch built model. How many Britains Kanes would you have for that? Its your call ,but avoid the carpet farming with a scratchbuild obviously.

Edited by justy 46

Thanks for all the info,i already have the britains kane trailer which is good value and design and a universal hobbies and krone trailers but i was looking for something a little bit different and some older style trailers as well.I had a look at a some of the recommendations and quite like a couple of fraser trailers and i am quite impressed with Mr Nolans models and his dioramas! i think he may have what i am looking for.Just need a slurry tanker and trailed forage harvester now ha ha!

Thanks for all the info,i already have the britains kane trailer which is good value and design and a universal hobbies and krone trailers but i was looking for something a little bit different and some older style trailers as well.I had a look at a some of the recommendations and quite like a couple of fraser trailers and i am quite impressed with Mr Nolans models and his dioramas! i think he may have what i am looking for.Just need a slurry tanker and trailed forage harvester now ha ha!

I have the only Fraser he ever built This is it,He`ll do you one if you askDSCF0929.jpg

This is a 18Ft tandem axle based on our own.I`m very happy with his work.You can also see one of his herrons in the back ground

Edited by Blue man

Posted · Hidden by Deere-est, April 6, 2012 - Pending a PM to inform of Classifieds for selling goods.
Hidden by Deere-est, April 6, 2012 - Pending a PM to inform of Classifieds for selling goods.

I HAVE A BRITAINS kANE CONVERSION FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. 60 EURO.