What did you see today that made you laugh?

thats how the young lads got killed down cornwall a few tyears back now, some driver did that with a jcb and didnt put the travel pin in the arm ,swung out and bang, ripped the top of the car off, he had numerous items on board to at the time

i think i heard about that up here, a few people were killed werent they in a few cars?? ???

i think i heard about that up here, a few people were killed werent they in a few cars?? ???

yeah 4 in one plus a few others to in seperate cars, truck was from down this way, but had been up yourway during the day, arround devon and was heading back after a 19 hr day so the old bill said

to lighten this topic up again....something that made me laugh today :).......My cousin Donnie`s  a plumber, and has often  helped us out here on the farm.He recounted  about working on  a farm cottage not too far away doing a refurb..anyways the guy`s father still is workin a bit on the farm and likes to dodge away at things.He`d been in and made  them both a coffee and said oh well I`d better go and get the store lambs in,David`s wantin a lorry load to go away on thursday and duly set off.

Donnie was working away but could see what was goin on out the windows and saw the old guy go to the field gate and send a collie dog off to round up the sheep.Next thing , he`s shoutin and swearin at the dog and or the sheep  >:( >:( .....the sheep,as sheep do, weren`t playing ball and refused to come in. >:(He ended up goin out into the field and half rounding them up himself.

He has a limp and some days is really quite lame so chasin sheep isn`t ideal for him anyway at his age.The sheep as I say eventually start to go out of the gate and hoof it off up the road.He`s walking back towards the gate,waving his stick at the dog and clearly mutterin something. >:( >:(As he nears the gate he calls the dog  who by now is skulking away half way down the field  keeping well out of range of the stick  :o.Dog dutifully and rather shyly comes up to him and Donnie said you could see what was coming.... ;) ;).As the dog got nearer he says he was lining up to catch it.It was too fast for him and dodges away through the gate and up the road after the sheep. :D

He shouted it back again and it did  come back rather sheepishly and he says again you could see this coming. :P

The old guy`s gettin ready to aim a kick at this dog as he got near to him...dog approaches and kick is aimed which the collie deftly dodged which sent  the old guy  spinning half round and and falling flat on his back in all the muck. :D;D:D :D Donnie said he burst out laughing  at this point  but kept looking long enough to see said old guy pickin himself up and having a look around to see if anyone had spotted this . :-[He said he was even more lame than usual and  covered in mud as he toddled off up the road.!!!!!!! :P

well it made me laugh at least ! ;D:D;D:D;D:D

Ohh yes ;)  Diggers 13tons each,Scania 6x2 unit approx 7.5tons and the unladen truck and trailer approx 17tons.

Maximum weight on 5 axles 41tonnes

You do the sums ::) ::)::) ::)::)

I'm guessing he's over the 10' overhang limit too Paul.....  :-\

to lighten this topic up again....something that made me laugh today :).......My cousin Donnie`s  a plumber, and has often  helped us out here on the farm.He recounted  about working on  a farm cottage not too far away doing a refurb..anyways the guy`s father still is workin a bit on the farm and likes to dodge away at things.He`d been in and made  them both a coffee and said oh well I`d better go and get the store lambs in,David`s wantin a lorry load to go away on thursday and duly set off.

Donnie was working away but could see what was goin on out the windows and saw the old guy go to the field gate and send a collie dog off to round up the sheep.Next thing , he`s shoutin and swearin at the dog and or the sheep  >:( >:( .....the sheep,as sheep do, weren`t playing ball and refused to come in. >:(He ended up goin out into the field and half rounding them up himself.

He has a limp and some days is really quite lame so chasin sheep isn`t ideal for him anyway at his age.The sheep as I say eventually start to go out of the gate and hoof it off up the road.He`s walking back towards the gate,waving his stick at the dog and clearly mutterin something. >:( >:(As he nears the gate he calls the dog  who by now is skulking away half way down the field  keeping well out of range of the stick  :o.Dog dutifully and rather shyly comes up to him and Donnie said you could see what was coming.... ;) ;).As the dog got nearer he says he was lining up to catch it.It was too fast for him and dodges away through the gate and up the road after the sheep. :D

He shouted it back again and it did  come back rather sheepishly and he says again you could see this coming. :P

The old guy`s gettin ready to aim a kick at this dog as he got near to him...dog approaches and kick is aimed which the collie deftly dodged which sent  the old guy  spinning half round and and falling flat on his back in all the muck. :D;D:D :D Donnie said he burst out laughing  at this point  but kept looking long enough to see said old guy pickin himself up and having a look around to see if anyone had spotted this . :-[He said he was even more lame than usual and  covered in mud as he toddled off up the road.!!!!!!! :P

well it made me laugh at least ! ;D:D;D:D;D:D

Poor chap... I do sympathise (although it is funny) - I used to bring my sheep in with a bucket of feed. One day I was walking briskly up the field with the flock happily racing after me, and a guy who used to help us bringing up the rear, when one of the larger ewes caught the back of my welly and sent me flying. There were sheep nuts everywhere and they all just raced over me to get at them. The guy helping just couldn't stop laughing :-[

Poor chap... I do sympathise (although it is funny) - I used to bring my sheep in with a bucket of feed. One day I was walking briskly up the field with the flock happily racing after me, and a guy who used to help us bringing up the rear, when one of the larger ewes caught the back of my welly and sent me flying. There were sheep nuts everywhere and they all just raced over me to get at them. The guy helping just couldn't stop laughing :-[

I remember unloading sheep in Delabole Market.  Cousin Henry said - "if one breaks to your right grab it but if one breaks to your left leave it for the chap on your left."  Fine; sheep moving nicely to the pens, one breaks to my right, I make a grab for it and Henry, on my RIGHT, also makes a grab for it.  Our heads cracked together knocking us both silly and 92 sheep ended up running all over the market. 

He really took some stick over that, bless him.

So it annoyed you and made you laugh?  ??? ???

yeah dont ask!!!!, :D :D :D

We kinda knew it was coming and so made us laugh when it happened.....reality is they dont know themselves why it had to happen, and they will be stuffed if we go.....its kinda a strange situation!, more made by people higher up who dont understand the day to day business

too many chiefs  smoking pipes and not enough indians doin the work......sounds about right fro this country!

hope you get it sorted out to best advantage ben

cheers,

not gonna rush it now, will look over weekend, have few few months!

the guy i work with falling of a cable bearer despite my warnings not to stand on it, dropped into 7ft of very cold water in the manhole , i of course fell over laughing especially when he got out and stood there ,lifting his leg to let the water run out of his wellies

poor guy had to go home in his overalls and not a lot else underneath to change :D :D :D :D

that will teach him to try and save time not pumping the box out

How much redundancey model fund money will you get then if it goes that way?

about 3 or 4 weeks salary i think, tax free???, its still not 100% :-\ :-\...there may be more twists but just have to wait and see :D :D....the 3 of us arent gonna hold our breath....board of directors are just short sighted to be honest, with us going / gone it will cause more problems for the others :D :D :D

about 3 or 4 weeks salary i think, tax free???, its still not 100% :-\ :-\...there may be more twists but just have to wait and see :D :D....the 3 of us arent gonna hold our breath....board of directors are just short sighted to be honest, with us going / gone it will cause more problems for the others :D :D :D

Plus any holiday acrued... but not taken  ;)

If it were me... I'd be sick a lot when I wanted a day or two at home  ;)

I remember unloading sheep in Delabole Market.  Cousin Henry said - "if one breaks to your right grab it but if one breaks to your left leave it for the chap on your left."  Fine; sheep moving nicely to the pens, one breaks to my right, I make a grab for it and Henry, on my RIGHT, also makes a grab for it.  Our heads cracked together knocking us both silly and 92 sheep ended up running all over the market.   

He really took some stick over that, bless him.

think it may be 4 days hol, ours was Jan - Dec, not Apr - Mar >:(...i think :D :D

Well you'll still be acruing it in jan then mate (on next years total).... don't take any holiday next year then mate... do they let you roll-over from last year ??? - I don't at work... use it or loose it is HPCL's motto  ;) - worth checking mate