My "waterproof" trousers are not up to snuff and I keep getting soaked to the skin, what brands (if any) and what material does everybody buy? I was thinking about some expensive high-vis types, but is it worth spending a lot when they'll probably get torn crossing a barbed wire fence? Thanks in advance!

Flex-o-thane are the best ones I would say. Seem to last a lot longer than any others I've had, and I prefer green ones then hi vis

Thanks Pat I'll look into that

ok i dont pay for mine i know, but i get "gortex" sets from work, they certainly aint the most expensive, or the cheapest out there either, but i dont get wet, can spend all day up top of a pole in wind and driving rain and come down dry, only catch is dont wash them, they seem to lose the waterproofing very quick if you do

My "waterproof" trousers are not up to snuff and I keep getting soaked to the skin, what brands (if any) and what material does everybody buy? I was thinking about some expensive high-vis types, but is it worth spending a lot when they'll probably get torn crossing a barbed wire fence? Thanks in advance!

Did you ever put them through the washing machine Chris ??? I made that bo bo once never again leaves them that they let water in.

Did you ever put them through the washing machine Chris ??? I made that bo bo once never again leaves them that they let water in.

I one put them through the natural washing machine that is the Fells, they didn't seem to like that ;) Might have washed them once II suppose..

Gore Tex sounds a bit pricey Sean, but perhaps there are a number of deals on in Countrywide. I trust your expertise in the weather department though!

Good topic Chris. I've tried quite a few makes and I've found Flexothane to be one of the best. They are reasonably priced.

Fishermen type waterproofs are good but aren't suited to warm wet weather.

I have bought Regatta coats recently as I find alot of other waterproofs don't last long and have inlet holes under the arms which only lets the rain in.

I had a pair of regatta leggings and they weren't the best only lates about 10 milkings before letting water in. I had a jacket that lasted for 5 years going from a decent coat to being worn all the time at work

Gore Tex sounds a bit pricey Sean, but perhaps there are a number of deals on in Countrywide. I trust your expertise in the weather department though!

bt wont ever pay for stuff, our image wear is some of the cheapest on the market , at the end of the day you get what you pay for, given the choice i would pay a bit more now, on say gortex or alikes, rather than find out the hard way getting wet and paying out again, as mentioned else where, dont wash any of them no matter what make it buggered mine up a treat.

I have got a set of flexothane ones and a set of portwest one all from work they are both good set and the portwest ones are 11 years old and still good nick.

flexothane do quilt lined jackets as well for the winter