ToyTrac 2012 Sunday 14th Oct

Valley Axe Man

very easy to say "stuff always arrives the day after" but that could well happen even if the shows later on ?? just my view , personally it may be nicer to be say 2 weeks later so it gives the custom guys that attend both oct shows a gap to catch up, the main sellers will always have much the same stock no matter who they are.and can restock pretty quick, downside is it then runs close to zwolle, so for the main people that attend its prob not to far off date wise between other shows

good points sean, but for me toytrac would be better in late june early july. as you know october is notoriously difficult for people who work on the land to make forward plans for that time of year, especially this year with the awfull weather. trade shows, as you say, are thick and fast until, i suppose, spalding in april. i went to spalding this october and wanted to go to toytrac, not really as a buyer of main stream stuff, but one-off sort of things if you know what i mean.and to look at the vast array of dios, which in my opinion, you only see at toytrac. seeing Andys pics only backs up my theory for me, as the dios and scratchbuilds look fantastic. i spent that toytrac sunday drilling winter wheat, and i am glad i did, as i have now finished and it has'nt stopped raining really since. i am really looking forward to seeing everything laid out at the show, so maybe next year. as sue says, wincanton race course has other events to look after, and late june early july will clash with the horse racing flat season i suppose, and late jan early feb would be cold and travelling would be hard if the weather was bad. maybe one big spalding show a year in april would be the answer, who knows...

Thanks for popping the photos up, Andy. Could have flattened two batteries taking photographs last week. The diorama entrants put on a hell of a show for the onlookers. A shame there wasn't more in the way of exclusives to get a focus on though I thought.

Looking forward to the write up now in Model Farmer :)

i enjoy toytrac as a punter as alot of you say i go as an annual event and wouldn't probably go to any other big event like toytrac so it makes very little difference to me when it was but i can see others point of view with a few big events bunched together

Edited by tractortim

i think the show could do with being a bit later in the year. i spoke to one trader and he told me that every year he has a new delivery on the monday of new things out.

this happens to the trader every year hes been doing toytrac.and i see on some of the websites that the fork lift, joskin trailers, ford with the mud guards etc turned up to buy on these websites . i'm not knocking the show but i would say if new releases were at the show maybe more sales would of happened. for me , i like to see new releases and talking to a few others they said the same. maybe the traders should get together and put pressure on the wholesaler for a better service as i know the wholesaler had them before the weekend . who knows it could be all different next year .