War Time Farm.

powerrabbit

I was wondering whether the Christmas one was on the DVD.   I also doubt if Hampshire folk would spend Christmas in a cave, although Chislehurst caves are quite big. Even in 1944 there was no direct train link from Southampton to Chislehurst it would have taken anything up to 4 hours to get to Waterloo and another couple of hours at least to get to Chislehurst (plus a bus).  But it is television and you have to allow poetic licence as they needed to link to a shelter and the caves are all that is left.  Everyone else needing shelter were down in the London Underground stations.

Great to see the old steamers on the Mid Hants Railway as I have spent many a happy hour riding behind those very locos,  It is known affectionately as The Watercress Line

• 2 weeks later...

If you want the full 'set' Pete the Open University has been offering a free 7 page booklet to go with the series, it's nothing special but nice to put all the elements relating to the series together, go to the OU website and type in War Time Farm in the search box, if you have any difficulties ordering it on-line you can ring the telephone number to order it. The book, which I posted up the eBay link to, is very good and from this seller is the cheapest you'll get if he still has any copies left.