ford tractor and baler dio

Paul Palmer

after recently getting hold of a britains new holland 377 baler and britains bale sledge,im stuck as what ford to hitch it to,either ford 6600 by britains,still dont like the gap in the cab,or to use the imber ford 6640 sle 4wd,any thoughts out there

Edited by paulali

Why dont you use the Marge Ford 7610 gen 1 2wd. It would look good and be siuted for that era of baler.

im only picking from the 2 models i listed,i think the the ford series before the gen 1 are suited as well but i also used to see a ford 40 series on a new holland baler near where i lived,but thanks for replying

okay,will give it some serious thought,i will be adding a pto shaft to the baler and hook on the baler for the rope for the sledge,and of course the rope to open the sledge

Add a bit more detail into the bailer Paul if you wanted to use the 6640 . There is no other little bailer out there anyway to use,so what more can you do.

Add a bit more detail into the bailer Paul if you wanted to use the 6640 . There is no other little bailer out there anyway to use,so what more can you do.

true justin,i like the 6640 more than the 66/7600,although the britains is half the price,i was going to pimp the baler anyway,as you say justin ,not a lot of choice for small balers

okay,this is a very early start,all the dio stuff is from mandy(hlt),these items are going to bring the dio alive,i am using fence posts,grass mat,background scenery,crows,barbed wire and little tufts of grass,plus some grass flock,i will be using the baler and sledge,still work to do on them,but i wont be using the case ih,ive loosely placed the posts and the crow,just to see what it looks like and to get my spacings right,the posts are about 3 cms off the background,as i want to put a horse and rider on the other side of the fence,any comments or questions fire away,if not enjoy the pictures,first picture is of the background scenery and grass mat fixed down,still wet,the creases will go when fully dry,2nd picture shows the distance ive kept the fencing off the background so i can fit my horse and rider down there,next 2 pics show the crow,they come in packs of 4 so i will place the others later,as i said, just having a play to see what things look like

post-1769-0-96753500-1349448266_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-89531800-1349448607_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-32150900-1349448734_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-41251800-1349448744_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

and the last pictures show the baler and sledge,and the spacing of the fence posts,the last picture is all of mandys items,these items i highly recommend,the perfect stuff for dio's,i cant wait to get this project up and running

post-1769-0-10477700-1349449156_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-64650400-1349449165_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-65585900-1349449174_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-65032400-1349449188_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali
  • Like 1

It's looking really good, and I like the idea of the footpath down the back have you thought about putting some lichen around the posts to look like a sort of climbing plant I was very happy with the results when I got some of hlt, and it was only about £3. :)

It's looking really good, and I like the idea of the footpath down the back have you thought about putting some lichen around the posts to look like a sort of climbing plant I was very happy with the results when I got some of hlt, and it was only about £3. :)

i am going to place some small tufts at the base of the posts robert and will probably weather the posts as well