The office

NCC

one of them sets the count down the other is ignition and the third one is afterburner :D

You won't be getting a pair of NCC's Special Pink Pants as you forgot the fourth one, the ejector seat ::) ::):D :D :D :D ;)

In the first picture Nathan, What do the two erect nipples to the right of the hydraulic levers, by the door post, do? Are they recreation-only fittings?

Do you find the Datatronic info useful. We looked at an MF (series older) and was told by the salesman that although datatronic was a good idea, it was unreliable. We have found out since that the salesman is often full of poo.

In the first picture Nathan, What do the two erect nipples to the right of the hydraulic levers, by the door post, do? Are they recreation-only fittings?

Do you find the Datatronic info useful. We looked at an MF (series older) and was told by the salesman that although datatronic was a good idea, it was unreliable. We have found out since that the salesman is often full of poo.

I think there for an Accord combi drill control panel or something along those lines as before I got it it was always on a 4m Accord drill with front hopper :-\ :-\

To be honest if Datatronic wasn't fitted, I don't think I'd miss it. It's alright and useful, I can find out wheelslip, set my wheelslip limit, acres an hour, distance etc but you can live without it, if needs be :-\ :-\ I would say it's about 80-90% accurate if calibrated correctly ;) ;) ;)

So am I allowed to answer? I'm not in the office  :-\

You will have to by a ticket first seeing as your not in the office, ?5 :D :D :D;)

Answer away Luke, but don't slate the Massey's ;) ;) ;)

P.S nath have you got an early 6180 as yours has got 2 gearsticks by the looks of it as i'm sure in newer models they got rid of one so just had the one gear lever well in the few i been in 98 and 99 models only 1 gear leaver  ??? ???

blinking 6180's grrr does yours ever go into gear and then not and the lights keep flashing and the beeping going,had to disconnect it in the end that beeping drives you mad!!!!! im so glad the 6480 we just got doesnt beep!!! drives you mad

dam,last massey i drove had 3 dials and a radio that was it,looks like the bridge of the starship enterprise now compared to that,and shes a reasonably old tractor to,would hate to see these new ones

here you go, inside the 8480

post-67-132638519302_thumb.jpg

Three big levers - Spool valve levers

Big yellow knob  - PTO engage/disengage

Three small turn knobs - Linkage controls; left, draft control; middle, rate of drop (raise lower speed); right, lift hieght

Rocker switch - raise/lower for rear linkage

Big dial - working hieght for rear linkage

Red lever - Hand throttle

Two 'erect nipples' - electric on/off for implement

Silver bit - socket for electric function on implement.

Guess work but how did I fair Nath me old chumley warner??

P.S nath have you got an early 6180 as yours has got 2 gearsticks by the looks of it as i'm sure in newer models they got rid of one so just had the one gear lever well in the few i been in 98 and 99 models only 1 gear leaver  ??? ???

Aye join in MFF, I want to know what every little knob, button and lever does ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

It's on a P MFF so 1996 is it :-\ :-\ You might be right on the one gear stick. I did try a 6180 with the electric shuttle on the steering wheel column, can't remember if it had 2 gear sticks or not though. Was told to always go with the mech shuttle though as the electric one was very unreliable, hopping in to neutral and sometimes not selecting at all where common faults I believe :-\ :-\ :-\

does the gear shift confuse, you cos when your going forward to go up a gear u press it forwards, now when you change direction you think oh il go up a gear, but u pull it back how does that figure!! think they want people to go through barn doors, tractors are no longer a machine you can just put in experienced peopleon and let them drive it u need to be a rocket scientist to operate them

blinking 6180's grrr does yours ever go into gear and then not and the lights keep flashing and the beeping going,had to disconnect it in the end that beeping drives you mad!!!!! im so glad the 6480 we just got doesnt beep!!! drives you mad

Can't say as I have had that one, when she's in gear she normally stays there, most of the time :-\ :-\ :-\[quote

author=Deere-est link=topic=6936.msg106419#msg106419 date=1143054855]

Three big levers - Spool valve levers

Big yellow knob  - PTO engage/disengage

Three small turn knobs - Linkage controls; left, draft control; middle, rate of drop (raise lower speed); right, lift hieght

Rocker switch - raise/lower for rear linkage

Big dial - working hieght for rear linkage

Red lever - Hand throttle

Two 'erect nipples' - electric on/off for implement

Silver bit - socket for electric function on implement.

Guess work but how did I fair Nath me old chumley warner??

Well as deere-est was 100% correct on the side panal (apart from 3 dials slightly in wrong order). I'll go for the rest

On steering column you have steering wheel, lever on left is for dynashift to change ratios A-D, The one on the left is for wipers indicators all the normal stuff, Bottom left you have light switches for rear and front lights, Red bit is for hazards, of the two switches on the right one is amber light and other one i'm not to sure on as is different to 82's  :D

Oh yer nath gear lever on left is for gears and i think if you knock it to the left it changes between high and low. And one on far right is shuttle change between forward and reverse. P.S no cooler box in roof then like 82's (which 8240 i was in had one) just to rub it in  :D :D

P.S nath your one is an earlier model with out electronic shuttle it was unreliable at times but by 97 was absolutly fine as know of a few early ones that had problems the trick with 61's is to buy as late as possible or get one with all service history