Ford 9030 Bi-Directional with Amazone ZAM3000 Spreader......

NewHolland2

greta pics mart,unusal beast if ever there was one

Thanks Sean...... :) :)

It's a great beast to see, you can usually hear it before you see it though it has a very distinctive sound......It's used for all the fertiliser spreading and chemical spraying work but also gets used as a swather when a swather header is fixed to it's linkage and operated "backwards" and it also came with a loader which doesn't usually see any action due to the other two wheel loaders on the farms...... ;)

nevr understood y people would pay the extra for wheels, when you could just trctor mount it

Couldn't say myself but this farmer has always operated trailed ones......and I suppose trailed machines like the Amazone ZG-B range have a greater hopper capacity than the smaller Amazone trailer ZA-M machines, so saves the extra trips back to re-fill with fertiliser......

I'm sure there is some logic in it.  :-\

i was thinking the same :)....(then realised Siku do a model version  :D::)....)

maybe its to do with the weight so needs the rear wheels ??? ??? ???

taking of fertilizer spreaders we have just gone from 20 to 24m with the sprayer, and the amazon we have wont spread urea more than 21m ha ha! so rang up the guys at amazon and they said do it on a windless day ha ha! windless this is britain!!!

:D :D :D

I think the reason behind trailored is you can use a smaller tractor on a larger spreader as to lift a large 3500kg+ spreader you need really  170hp+ tractor to be able to lift it comfortably

Interesting, had a play on one with a loader on the front, back, front. .. ... . erm... .. back or wherever it was it had a loader ok!!! Never thought I'd see one over here though. Did see the newer one at Grassland though actually.

Interesting, had a play on one with a loader on the front, back, front. .. ... . erm... .. back or wherever it was it had a loader ok!!! Never thought I'd see one over here though. Did see the newer one at Grassland though actually.

There's only two Ford 9030 Bi-Directionals in Britain as far as I know (that was a couple of years back though), so it's nice to live near one of them...... :);) ;)

This farmer used to operate one Ford based Moffett and a Massey Based Moffett too, both replaced by a Volvo Wheel-Loader and the exisiting CAT IT12B......Pics are on here somewhere, so plenty of interesting kit......

Nice shots of the Bi-Directional, I was only commenting to my old NZ pal fp that it was only the second trailed spreader I have seen , then Mart posts one up! Having one of those days!

What size engine cylinders etc does it have? Surely one of them with a buckrake on the loader would be great on a silage pit  ;)

Nice pics Mart, keep it up!

You can get a different set of disc for amazone spreaders to change the spreading width can't you schw84 ???That may be another option rather than change the whole machione we used to spread urea 24m ok with our amazone that had the 18-24m discs i think ???i'm sure they were a white colour?

got different discs it will spread everything but urea? dont no y. just no the old man aint happy cos he wants to spend money on his pigs and they have just brought cars and tractors so far this yr and his dept has had nothing spent on it. so buying a new fertilizer spreader is not really what he wants to do so they will be looking for windless days ha ha!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very nice pics Martin, wouldn't mind seeing one of those in action, there certainly different :) :)

As for trailed fert spreaders, transport and field speed play big parts I think. 3.5 ton of fert sat on the back of the tractor is stressful enough, but doing 10-15k over a bumpy field or 40-50k down a pot hole ridden road when fully laden must be 10 times as stressful on the arms, axle etc espeically when you hit a bump. I ripped the threads off our top link when fert spreading a few years back after hitting a pot hole in the road, spreader dropped like a sack of tatties, sending fert everywhere including the bonnet of the car behind me. Did I tell him fert would rot his tin work, did I eck :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice shots of the Bi-Directional, I was only commenting to my old NZ pal fp that it was only the second trailed spreader I have seen , then Mart posts one up! Having one of those days!

What size engine cylinders etc does it have? Surely one of them with a buckrake on the loader would be great on a silage pit  ;)

Thanks Powerstar......I've got some pics of his old trailed fertiliser spreader in my SLR albums which I could look out at the weekend if you like?

Not sure on engine size etc, will have a look in the brochures over the next couple of days and let you know mate...... :) :) :)

Very nice pics Martin, wouldn't mind seeing one of those in action, there certainly different 

Thanks Nath. I've only seen it swathing once and that was an interesting sight but unfortunately not very good for pics as the field was quite far away......The tractor itself is a real interesting machine to watch work and some of the engine sounds are great...... :D;)

The only thing I think is wrong with it is its road speed isn't that great, seems to crawl along the roads, not sure if that's due to the Hydrostatic Drive or not...... ???

Just checked the specs in the brochure and it's a 102 PTO Horse-Power 4.4L Engine with a top speed of 18mph (29km/ph)......

so your carpet farm really is creating the world out side now then mart  :)

when i was younger i worked on a farm that had a trailed lely centerliner for the use behind a DB 1390 on grassland & corn fields but was taken off the trailer for potato / sugarbeet work because of the tracking when turning at the headlands :)

weight & speed is one of the reasons for having it trailed  :)