The Wickhambreaux Collection (part of!)

watermill

23 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

I wish map did grass headers for those foragers, may well be tempted to buy one then , there was a guy at zwolle selling them, fully pimped up foragers with the to, but you had to supply the forager before he got paid a few hundred euros more ;D grass header was mint mind

Agreed Sean, especially bearing in mind the grass business in the UK it would make a big difference, I think  have one of the headers your talking about in the box with all the foragers. If I get chance tomorrow i'll see if I can find it.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Phenomenal collection. Love the Landys, are the six wheeler and half track conversions or prototypes?

Evening James,

thanks for your comments, yes the Landys are prototypes, the white one is too, and the red one. I have another half a dozen prototypes somewhere which I will put up soon.

Have you seen the series 1 in bits n the wooden frame?

25 minutes ago, watermill said:

Evening James,

thanks for your comments, yes the Landys are prototypes, the white one is too, and the red one. I have another half a dozen prototypes somewhere which I will put up soon.

Have you seen the series 1 in bits n the wooden frame?

Didn't even realise there was a real half track landy, love the 6x6 though. Not seen the Seroes 1 no, is it further back in the topic?

I have a couple of Sample models, as marked. They are not farm models though, being the Police Helicopter and a Road Series Unimog. The helicopter is markedly different to the production version where as the Unimog looks to be near enough a production model. I will try and post pictures in a new thread.

What can you tell us about the framed Land Rover? Is it old/new(ish)? Where did it come from (if you don't mind my asking) auction, dealer, Britains or employee?

Love the Land Rover colour variations, shame they didn't do a few of these.

17 hours ago, Jordan_coe2012 said:

Nice landy's. The framed one is a very very nice piece to have in your collection like that a lot. That seed drill is great buy too want to make one of those at some point!

Thanks Jordan, the frame is certainly different.

I've got a coupe of convo MF30's into 6m, this one is the best though, it would be a good models for a good detailed mainstream manufacturer to make.

19 hours ago, super6 said:

I have a couple of Sample models, as marked. They are not farm models though, being the Police Helicopter and a Road Series Unimog. The helicopter is markedly different to the production version where as the Unimog looks to be near enough a production model. I will try and post pictures in a new thread.

What can you tell us about the framed Land Rover? Is it old/new(ish)? Where did it come from (if you don't mind my asking) auction, dealer, Britains or employee?

Love the Land Rover colour variations, shame they didn't do a few of these.

Hi Paul, it would be great to see them, especially the police helicopter by the sound of it.

All I know about the framed landy is that it was done in 1967, I managed to get it though an ex employee's relative.

One day i'll dig out all the prototype Landys and put them up on here.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:47 PM, COWBOY said:

You have some excellent conversions in your collection, love the 5820 john Deere harvester!!

Got my JD numbers muddled up there - the 5820 is a map model, thought it was a reference to a forager I put up a few posts back. Cant keep up with all the numbers these days!

7 hours ago, watermill said:

We just need map to make grass headers now, only grass header you can find for these is through expensive scratch builders overseas.

Charlie mate, map is and expensive scratch builder from overseas.;D. I have been looking at the forager on Christians website, I am very tempted I can tell you.

3 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Charlie mate, map is and expensive scratch builder from overseas.;D. I have been looking at the forager on Christians website, I am very tempted I can tell you.

Fair point Chris. but a good one!! gotta love em as great models. Sorry but you need to educate me mate - have you got a link for that website??

Archived