North West Recovery

I did find some pictures online of it before the accident but I can't remember where, I have got the details at work so I will post a link next week. I have painted out the signwriting to protect their anonymity though.

Tris, I had painted out his name to protect his modesty especially as it was just outside their yard.

Bob, he swerved to avoid a car that didn't stop and the load overbalanced.

• 3 weeks later...

Now there are those that say a Duck likes water and that might well be true....... At the Albert Docks in Liverpool they have a small fleet of yellow Duckmarines that take visitors around the harbour and docks. However, over the weekend one of them decided to become a submersible much to the chagrin of the crew and passengers, thankfully no-one was hurt but it tokk a bit of extricating.

First the news story 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-21990326

Then our efforts to get it out again, stand by your beds, here we come

DUCK1_zpscf90a915.jpg

Divers attached the cables and then we winched it out

DUCK2_zps72190e18.jpg

DUCK3_zpsb83b69b8.jpg

DUCK3_zpsb83b69b8.jpg

DUCK4_zpsb8bb2410.jpg

And finally on dry land

DUCK5_zps526d3b13.jpg

The driver is fine, he got a cut on his hand but the lads are still on scene mopping up. We took out Manitou and bucket up and just shovelled it up into a bulker, I will see what is left when I go back in tomorrow. >:D >:D

• 2 weeks later...

It's not always HGV's that need to be recovered, this was a Vauxhall Combo van that tried to fly off the bridge, the driver was a bit damp but unhurt.

VO52WNX1_zpsa7e7471d.jpg

VO52WNX2_zps88da7c97.jpg

VO52WNX5_zpsbce7ae37.jpg

VO52WNX11_zps4c2bc066.jpg