Classic Tractor December 2012

My copy arrived yesterday. Nice pictire of Charlie Gray with his County 1454 and 8 furrow push pull reversible ploughs on the front cover. I have only skimmed through at present but the International Harvester Prarie Monsters article looks good as does the show report on the Blue Force event at Linconshire. In addition I see I have managed to get two of my photos in the magazine this month one in Machinery Mishaps.

my copy arrived today, and for us deere fans, a terrific read it is too.ratcliffe farms fleet of deeres are stunning. they look as though they look after their kit really well.. the 7710 looks a beut for the amount of hours it has clocked up. loved your pics bill, especially the lexion!! i had a spot of trouble this year like that- i know how they feel. on the model section, martyn reeves fiat 44-28 looks smashing, and i have just e-mailed him to try and order one- i hope he has some left. on the sales review section, the sale at Haverhill in suffolk, with the track marshalls, was attended by myself, and i have to say that the pictures dont do the machinery justice. everything really was well presented. someone had a bargain for a 11 plate mf 6480 dyna 6 with 427 hours on it for £40,500, the tractor looked like it had just come out of the factory.

my copy arrived today, and for us deere fans, a terrific read it is too.ratcliffe farms fleet of deeres are stunning. they look as though they look after their kit really well.. the 7710 looks a beut for the amount of hours it has clocked up. loved your pics bill, especially the lexion!! i had a spot of trouble this year like that- i know how they feel. on the model section, martyn reeves fiat 44-28 looks smashing, and i have just e-mailed him to try and order one- i hope he has some left. on the sales review section, the sale at Haverhill in suffolk, with the track marshalls, was attended by myself, and i have to say that the pictures dont do the machinery justice. everything really was well presented. someone had a bargain for a 11 plate mf 6480 dyna 6 with 427 hours on it for £40,500, the tractor looked like it had just come out of the factory.

Thanks Chris I was actually on board the combine and the combine driver Ian from Mintlaw a self employed travelling combine driver since the age of 22 said I'm to to "get stuck yet" but the farm manager of the 9,000 odd acre operation had told him to cut everything and don't leave bits...

Anyway here are the photos I got on that Sunday afternoon

P1030642.jpg

P1030643.jpg

P1030644.jpg

P1030646.jpg

P1030647.jpg

Edited by BC

P1030648.jpg

P1030649.jpg

P1030650.jpg

P1030651.jpg

I went away in search of David Watson baling further up the road and I failed to find him and on my way back I saw this 8) ...although said for the combine driver who was only doing what he was instructed to do by a "gaffer" not on scene.

P1030652.jpg

P1030653.jpg

Edited by BC

Now the year before the same trading operation had a similar combine stuck (or maybe it was same combine but it was certainly a different driver) and my good friend Stuart Walker was called upon with his 4x4 Mercedes truck to recover the combine which was only a few miles further West towards the town of Banchory on Deeside than the previous photos.

ST837928.jpg

ST837929.jpg

ST837941.jpg

ST837944.jpg

ST837930.jpg

ST837943.jpg

PS...Chris... I was having problems with photobucket so maybe the photos in my last post are not in the correct order....but I'm sure you and others will be able to picture and work out the recovery operation.

Loved this issue again Rory

Bill, some fascinating photos of some downed combines and the recovery operations

Glad you liked them Pat. One of the photo's actually made the front cover of a Recovery Vehicle magazine...my pal Stuart was chuffed to bits with the free advertising and I was pleased they liked and used my photo.

After recovering the combine Stuart had to winch himself to the end rig where he had anchored himself to a large beach tree.

ST837945.jpg

ST837946.jpg

Then Duncan Wight on his digger had to give Stuart a pal with a strop from the front of the Mercedes to his rear actor bucket.

ST837947.jpg

Anyone care to guesswhat happened next when the digger driver was too busy looking to the rear and not to the front as he crossed the main road :huh:

I'm guessing he drove into the solar sign thing, or ended up on the verge at the opposite side of the road,

Yes Harry he hit the pole under the solar sign and bent it over whilst he wasn't concentrating on going forward....then he put the front bucket behind it and pulled it back to almost vertical and i thought ...its going to snap but no.......a few weeks later I saw the council had replaced the pole and they probably don't know to this day how it happened ;D ;D

• Like 1

Did everyone get a copy of the Massey Ferguson Collection that came with CT, and how many people binned it? Some lovely and cheap MF models at the back, a few will be appearing on my Xmas list

what models were in the mf book mark?

all the 1/16th 1/32nd and 1/43rd from uh, britains, schuco, weise-toys.

i bought the uh 6290,2620 2wd, and 2640 4wd. The 2680 is shown but not on line. oh also the390, and 690 are shown in the book but not on line.

Edited by Old Ford