crane driver training

Dode..speak to Ian May who works for a crane company and has been at the show in ABZ the past 2 years.....I'm sure I will have his email address

Cheers Bill, i remember speaking to him at the show. Finally come to the conclusion that i'm getting a bit too old for all the building site chasing about and just totally scunered with my trade.The crane driving thing has been in my head for years and its an itch that needs scratching as it just wont go away, just one stumbling block, the training costs a fortune and theres no guarentee of a job at the end of it, hoping to do my class c licence at the start of the year as i need that before i go any further

offshore crane drivers get well paid to ,familly friend of ours did it and retired at 50 after just 10 years doing it .do know someone via a mate at work who drives for mcsalvors on their big mobile cranes, when i see him next i will try and get some info if i can

Cheers guys, any info would be much appreciated. From what i know of it so far not many companies offer training as well as a job, they seem to look for guys that have done the course themselves so don't really want to go and shell out a considerable amount of money with no guarantee of a job at the end of it. If you get the chance Rob maybe you could pick the crane ops brains on your rig about the route in and what companies would be the most approachable

Cheers guys, any info would be much appreciated. From what i know of it so far not many companies offer training as well as a job, they seem to look for guys that have done the course themselves so don't really want to go and shell out a considerable amount of money with no guarantee of a job at the end of it. If you get the chance Rob maybe you could pick the crane ops brains on your rig about the route in and what companies would be the most approachable

No problems Toyboy will ask the crane op over the next couple of days. No information no permit ;) think that is the way it works.