Luckiest truck driver ever!

britainswomble

His guardian angel must have been working overtime! I wonder what the odds are of that happening - window breaking in the right place, him sliding out AND avoiding been run down by his own truck!

(Pity about the adverts popping up for a young czech lady looking for love - quite spoiled it)

• 2 weeks later...

Not mine, I get mobile phones!!!

Something to do with your cookies Sue?

Pass on the cookies (not asked for) when clicking on a link here but I do not want adverts for mobile phones either! >:( It ONLY happens when linking from the forum and not when I go to youtube directly.

This is a question for Andy I think.

the boy in the lorry obviously didnt have his seat belt on, NOT WEARING SEATBELTS SAVE LIFES!

Didn't anyone notice the airbag, it inflates instantly, holding him in the seat then deflates immediately, allowing him to roll out through the broken screen, probably saved his life.

Andrew

• 5 weeks later...

poor cows.....idiot driver. What kind of transport is that anyway? This truck probably does not meet to many transport standards when it comes to hauling livestock.

UK regulations covering transport of livestock are probably the best in the world - other countries however... :-

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago there was a similar accident in East Sussex. Sadly out of the thirty dairy cows on the truck; only one survived. It took most of the day for the cows to be rescued or destroyed at the scene. Ironically the farmer was selling off the last of his dairy herd and I believe they were being transported to Scotland. Unfortunately the truck went off the road on a surprisingly tight bend with a deep ditch starting where the tarmac ended, so the truck was virtually upside down. Naturally the farmer was devastated at having to sell off his dairy herd and then hearing of the sad loss of the cows he had cared for; he is rumoured to have kept the surviving cow himself.  Every time I drive round that particular bend; all I can think of is the horror the poor cows and rescuers were faced with. 

The cattle in the video probably sustained serious if not life threatening injuries, but at least it looks like most were on their feet fairly quickly. I'm not too sure whether that was good or not. Possibly their being in an open truck may have saved them. The cows in the East Sussex accident were all on top of one another. A bad day for livestock transport! 

• 3 weeks later...