Shaun Britains Collection

stevestoys

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britains Herald Boxes Of Different Horse Riders.The Draught Horse That The  Farmer Is On Has Brown Blinkers.Is This Rare Or Common As I Have Only Seen The Black Blinkers?

with inmates doing the hand painting around this time (so I'm told) there are bound to be inconsistencies?

Britains Herald Boxes Of Different Horse Riders.The Draught Horse That The  Farmer Is On Has Brown Blinkers.Is This Rare Or Common As I Have Only Seen The Black Blinkers?

I've just checked my draught horses and the Jonathan Stephens study of this model, and:

The normal painting was brown harness on the white horse, black harness on the brown horse. The great rarity is light brown harness on a brown horse.

The shade of brown harness paint was darker at the beginning (say 1961-63?) and end (say 1968-70), and lighter (as this one in the photo) in between (1964-67?).

I think they changed from using these boxes to bags with headers during this period, which would narrow the date of your model to most likely 1964-65. Perhaps someone else can offer a second opinion on when the boxes changed/ended and bags/headers started.

I stumbled upon this topic only recently (not sure how I missed it), but I've been wading through and............oh man this is a stunning collection! Huge as well with some rare colour variations from the 60s onwards. Love how they're displayed as well.

I'm a part-time Britains collector too (unfortunately most of my income is indesposable!) and have amassed some 400 mostly unboxed models with a few rares.

We have a number of Britains nuts on the forum, and a few experts too (Britainsmad, David S, Super6, Tim/Powerrabbit, the now-absent Ploughmaster,  to name but five). BC/Bill (who has been replying to this topic), has (as you may well be aware by now) over 1000 boxed Britains spilling out of his property!!! At some point we must bully him into getting them all out of his house and photographed on his front lawn  >:D

Two questions Steve; 1. Do you know if any of your Powerfarm toys are runners (do you take any toys out for a spin or do they remain boxed?) 

2. Do you possess the Ãœber-Rare green/white Acrobat finger wheel hay turner? It was in my clutches on Ebay a few years back but stupidly I missed the deadline and it went for a measley £3.75 to a chap from Spain! (José?  ???  ;) ) Remove the decimal point and you get it's real value I suspect. Ah well.

Oh and I'm still trying to get hold of purple tunic driver as seen in your photos. I've spotted a couple of the bu@@ers on Ebay for more than I'm prepared to pay, but I'm getting itchy submitbuttonfinger. ::)

Right, I'm off to bed. Sorry for the incredulous ramble!

I stumbled upon this topic only recently (not sure how I missed it), but I've been wading through and............oh man this is a stunning collection! Huge as well with some rare colour variations from the 60s onwards. Love how they're displayed as well.

I'm a part-time Britains collector too (unfortunately most of my income is indesposable!) and have amassed some 400 mostly unboxed models with a few rares.

We have a number of Britains nuts on the forum, and a few experts too (Britainsmad, David S, Super6, Tim/Powerrabbit, the now-absent Ploughmaster,  to name but five). BC/Bill (who has been replying to this topic), has (as you may well be aware by now) over 1000 boxed Britains spilling out of his property!!! At some point we must bully him into getting them all out of his house and photographed on his front lawn  >:D

Two questions Steve; 1. Do you know if any of your Powerfarm toys are runners (do you take any toys out for a spin or do they remain boxed?) 

2. Do you possess the Ãœber-Rare green/white Acrobat finger wheel hay turner? It was in my clutches on Ebay a few years back but stupidly I missed the deadline and it went for a measley £3.75 to a chap from Spain! (José?  ???  ;) ) Remove the decimal point and you get it's real value I suspect. Ah well.

Oh and I'm still trying to get hold of purple tunic driver as seen in your photos. I've spotted a couple of the bu@@ers on Ebay for more than I'm prepared to pay, but I'm getting itchy submitbuttonfinger. ::)

Right, I'm off to bed. Sorry for the incredulous ramble!

Hi,All my powerfarm sets do work as they should but i never leave the battery in the model as this damages the terminals.I have the green Acrobat Rake in my collection and will be putting some pictures on soon of all my attachments.Glad you like the topic.Shaun.

Archived