Shaun Britains Collection

stevestoys

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is quite some collection! Couple of questions, the first being why so many duplicates? Second, how annoyed would you be if someone rattles the animals' cabinet and they all fell over :lol:

A lot of those apparent duplicates are not duplicates, if you look closely enough at them, as Jonathan Stephens has discovered.

See his site: http://www.britainsheraldfarm.co.uk/

Once there, click on 'Sales', to see his in depth studies published so far. You can have the study of the Herald running sheepdog for free - to get the idea of what they're like.

I thought of them all falling over too. ;)

Thanks for the interest in my collection.Firstly why so many duplicates?The answer is that some animals are very different in colour and texture.Like the sheep,some have rough coats and some dont.There is a lot of Herald animals in the cabinet and a lot of them was hand painted so the paint finish was  slightly different.Also people know me and sell me some Britains so i pick 2 and 3 up of the same model and then sell one.As to the animals in the cabinet falling over,I have a door stopper on the floor to stop the door hitting the cabinet,The cabinet is 6ft high by 2x2 square all one piece and very heavy and sturdy. The glass shelving is all original heavy duty glass.The animals dont seem to fall over as there is over 800 in the cabinet and seem to hold each other up ok.The cabinet also lights up in the middle and at the top and has 2 locks on the door.Thanks For Looking And Any Photos That Anybody Wants Putting On I Will Do My Best.

The brown grazing cow and the folding boxed set are rare items indeed. However, there are few 'intruders' in the boxed set, which was 1963-64 only, which ideally need to be replaced by the correct items, which you probably have in your cabinet anyway.

The ones which instantly spring to mind are the landgirl with bucket (you have a much later PVC plastic version in you box), man carrying sack (the one you have is the very rare, 1968/9 only dark blue plastic version, but for 1963/4 it should be the more common pink plastic version with light blue painted trousers), and the white hunter horse (yours in the box is a much later horse, about 1970).

The Jersey cow standing is debateable, as this version started about 1964, and I notice its colour doesn't quite match the other two Jerseys. So it might be original. Depends if you have a good condition and better colour match example of the earlier Jersey standing cow to do a swap with, otherwise leave it as it is.

Plus, this box originally had all four labourers, each in correct colour with appropriate tool.

Thanks for the Highland Steer photos.        

Ah I see, it was more the tractors and machinery associated duplicates I was referring to but you answered that question too. Thanks for the info. Sounds like quite a Fort Knox of a cabinet for all those figures and animals!

Britains Milk Tankers.Cant get to use photobucket.

Photobucket can be a pain at times Stephen but well of late it has being doing alright with me....but maybe I should not say that and tempt fate... 8)

Don't worry about it, Photobucket is a great way of hosting photos but it isn't absolutely necessary unless you intend to post literally hundreds of photos.

Back to the actual subjects of the photos.... I have never seen anything of that white tanker gift set, that must be incredibly rare is it not?

The white tanker set is a very rare set as i have only come across 1 other one before.Will be putting more photos on soon including a few more rare shop displays and models of course.Any photo requests of any Britains models and i will see if i have got the model.Thanks For The Feedback.Like to see that there are other Britains collectors out there.

Well, one that is evading me at the moment is the Mercedes Readymix cement mixer in the gold Road Series box. While I know what it looks like, a few pics of one wouldn't hurt! Be even better if you knew of one available  :wub:

The white tanker set is a very rare set as i have only come across 1 other one before.Will be putting more photos on soon including a few more rare shop displays and models of course.Any photo requests of any Britains models and i will see if i have got the model.Thanks For The Feedback.Like to see that there are other Britains collectors out there.

I bought one of these as a xmas gift for my god son when they were out. I did ask about it a few years ago........ sadly all gone now

There's one or two of us on here  ;)

The white tanker set is a very rare set as i have only come across 1 other one before.Will be putting more photos on soon including a few more rare shop displays and models of course.Any photo requests of any Britains models and i will see if i have got the model.Thanks For The Feedback.Like to see that there are other Britains collectors out there.

You have now come across a third one Steve ;D  ;D ...No 9668 was out from 1996 to 1997. I bought mine just over 5 years ago and I certainly did not pay a lot for it back then 8)

ST837269.jpg

ST837272.jpg

Hi Bill,Very nice box set.Have you noticed in the 1996 catalogue it should have been a silver and blue Milk Marque Tanker and not this white one but this box set has the correct picture of the tanker to go with this set.Your thoughts on this anybody?Also Happy New Year From Shaun.

Archived