Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

Well tyres for me to Bill.

A set of BF Goodrich AT tyres for the L200 to replace a set of Bridgestone duelers which had done 27,000 miles.

The wife's clio required tyres as well so 2 BF Goodrich winter tyres on the front and 2 normal BF Goodrich on the back the tyres that came off had done 30,000 miles £1000 total for all the tyres  :

When I put the AT's on the pick up guy in GT tyres was saying he has done 50,000 miles in his pick up and only half worn!!

When I had the BMW was lucky if I got 20,000 out of them and they were 210 each!!

Wife's tyres were nitrogen filled so will see if we get same wear this time. 

Edited by robl12

• 2 weeks later...

An 800 litre compost bin for the garden at Kemnay. MRP is £ 123.95 but Aberdeenshire Council deliver them to you for £35. Very strong and robust in comparison to the two Keter ones I had and returned both to Amazon and it was £30. There is also a 320 litre one for £20 so I think I'll get one from Drumoak to replace my plastic drilling fluids barrel with a plywood top. The only downside to the Council one was to have to wait 30 days for delivery...well it is the local Council and they are well known to take a while to get anything done ;D  ;D

P1090286_zps6c53385b.jpg

P1090287_zpsb462ddb1.jpg

I also took delivery of a 90 litre galvanised dustbin incinerator for £20.59 via Amazon and I'm well impressed with it. Yesterday I was removing pieces of wood holding up the netting which was around the fences for sweet peas and Tom Thumbs. The fence hasn't see creosote for 17 years because of this netting so it will be getting treated with the real old creosote you can no longer buy before getting willow screening when it comes back into season at Costco. After burning of the wood and netting I was burning old wiring so the copper will go to the scrap man with the next trailer full of scrap which will include about a dozen electric motors.

P1090290_zps35659b62.jpg

• Like 1

finally got myself a new laptop .hp pavilion ,14 " screen windows 8 and all touch screen etc to , I 5 processor so nice and quick , currently adding all the sites I can remember for models etc ,as I cant seem to get my bookmarks of the old laptop no matter what we try ,and I only get 2 or 3 mins each go before it crashes again when the hard drive goes off

• Like 1

finally got myself a new laptop .hp pavilion ,14 " screen windows 8 and all touch screen etc to , I 5 processor so nice and quick , currently adding all the sites I can remember for models etc ,as I cant seem to get my bookmarks of the old laptop no matter what we try ,and I only get 2 or 3 mins each go before it crashes again when the hard drive goes off

How much Sean I'm looking for a laptop and no idea where to start make-wise?

How much Sean I'm looking for a laptop and no idea where to start make-wise?

came in at 499 , had 100 quid off so they claimed ?? PC world / currys. Will pm you the model number when I get home from work if you want it , can buy and reserve online etc with them to

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Four turnips aka "neeps" at a farm shop at Auchterless on route home from Turriff the home of the "turrra coo" for £2..I must try one this evening and see how good or bad since well.... Burn's night is looming ....... " Haggis , neeps and tatties"

• Like 2