B.A Vintage Working Weekend 18 & 19 May 2013 -Lyne of Skene Aberdeenshire

BC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Bill brilliant photo album. Will have to try and make an appearance at this working weekend some year, looks like a bit of every thing.

You know the road to the Treetops now Kenny so its only 10 to 15 miles further on and the "crack" will be equally as good as the Treetops...rest assured. ;D  ;D

Aye thanks Bill,I had been meaning to go myself,but just didn't work out that way, :- :-

Regards

Joe.

You would enjoy it Joe the best rally in Scotland for me 8)

Looks like it was a good show :) some nice tractors there especially some of them county's and loving the steamies like that showmans engine :)

Yes James that's a relatively new addition and is owned by William Nicol Tankers Aberdeen Limited. Was good to see the Barracks from Kingswells and the Cooks from Leven in Fife ploughing with their ploughing engines.

Good selection of machinery - thanks for the pics.

I love those cutaway working engines!

John yes they are very educational ;D  ;D The 4 cylinder belongs to Craibstone Agricultural college and made its first appearance at BA last year. the smaller 3 cylinder came from college near Edinburgh and is now owned by Kirriemuir collector Graham Hill who has an extensive collections of Nuffields and Leylands.

All washed up again and only need to replace a finger and two blades before next year...however I'm determined to have a go with the trailing plough again next year. I wonder if I could multi task and cut and plough at the same time :unsure:

P1030220_zps4e5eb26b.jpg

P1030221_zpsd1b69099.jpg

P1030219_zpsba550cdc.jpg

Some great pics Bill, thanks for sharing, Looks a good show with a good turnout. :)

Those pics of the sectioned Nuffield..... there's one of those down at Charnley's in his museum shed but always great to see :)  ;)

Despite the bad weather on the Saturday Paul Sunday was a brilliant day for the exhibitors and the traders and all the spectating public who came along to the event. The Nuffield and Leyland Club had a really nice stand.

Despite the bad weather on the Saturday Paul Sunday was a brilliant day for the exhibitors and the traders and all the spectating public who came along to the event. The Nuffield and Leyland Club had a really nice stand.

Aye Bill, decent weather always brings 'em out.  Graham Hill works hard with the Nuffield and Leyland club..... and a really grand bloke to talk with too, Always great to see a good display of Poppy orange and Bathgate Blue :)

Yes Paul both  Graham and Dave Wallace and the other club members certainly put on a good display. It was really good having the two cut away Nuffields and they attracted a trememdous amount of attention. I'm looking forward to next years event already ;D  ;D

All washed up again and only need to replace a finger and two blades before next year...however I'm determined to have a go with the trailing plough again next year. I wonder if I could multi task and cut and plough at the same time :unsure:

P1030220_zps4e5eb26b.jpg

P1030221_zpsd1b69099.jpg

P1030219_zpsba550cdc.jpg

Mmmmm trailing plough ::) ...... now I know why you drive an Audi Bill. search  "Audi  ploughing" on youtube........ it's not you by chance is it?? ::)  :laugh:  :laugh:

or for those of you into Range Rovers try searching " Yuppie Contracting"...... for a bit of silage with style :laugh:  :laugh:

No not me Paul....I have done quite a bit of off road-ing with this Quattro and been places where I know it's predecessor a 1997 2 Wheel Drive Audi A4 Sline Special Edition would have stood up and scraped. I think it was a good decision to spend an extra £ 1,400 including VAT on my present 2012 A4 Quattro Sline Black Edition. It's not quite as economical fuel wise as the 170 BHP 2 wd but this one is 177BHP and a smaller tank but hey ho I have done over 10.5k in less than 8 months and enjoyed every mile....I buy a car to use and enjoy and not to sit on  a  driveway and pose  ;D  ;D

I will never ever buy a RR...heck it would not fit into my present garage height wise >:(  >:(

No not me Paul....I have done quite a bit of off road-ing with this Quattro and been places where I know it's predecessor a 1997 2 Wheel Drive Audi A4 Sline Special Edition would have stood up and scraped. I think it was a good decision to spend an extra £ 1,400 including VAT on my present 2012 A4 Quattro Sline Black Edition. It's not quite as economical fuel wise as the 170 BHP 2 wd but this one is 177BHP and a smaller tank but hey ho I have done over 10.5k in less than 8 months and enjoyed every mile....I buy a car to use and enjoy and not to sit on  a  driveway and pose  ;D  ;D

I will never ever buy a RR...heck it would not fit into my present garage height wise >:(  >:(

That's the beauty of 4wd Bill ;) ............they get you places other cars cannot reach :laugh:  :laugh:  

Yes Paul I must say with the places I go it is very handy and I don't think I will revert to a 2 wheel drive now. The only downside is having to put on 4 new tyres at once. I've done almost 11k so not needing yet but soon. I was pricing in Costco the other week and Mitchelin 225/ 35 ZR 19's were £215.99 each. Having said that the chap said watch out for the passport vouchers and they usually have a  20% off deal when you buy 4. You can even buy take away and then take them back for fitting when the old ones are done. 8)

Archived