Grey Fergie Restoration Update

NewHolland2

Well I've been busy again today......I decided that today's job would be to put the first coat of Fergie Grey on one of the rear wheels and tidy up the paint job around the rear axle......

To be able to make a good job of painting the wheel had to be removed to allow good access for cleaning......The wheel spacers were the worst things to clean, but they have came up nicely......

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice NH2, your good with a splash of paint arn't you? She seems to be coming along nicely. When it is painted don't be afraid to get her dirty and weathered just a little bit. They always look better with the shine taken off them a bit. Looks like your just doing it on the verge beside some random road though mate!!

Hell she's coming on there Mart old mate - You have done a cracking job of the paint again mate - that jack looks a little percarious so I'm glad to see you have an axle stand deployed as well - safety first...

Was the radio seat an optional extra in those days  ;D - I suppose it would have been called a wireless seat  ::)

Well I've been busy again today......I decided that today's job would be to put the first coat of Fergie Grey on one of the rear wheels and tidy up the paint job around the rear axle......

To be able to make a good job of painting the wheel had to be removed to allow good access for cleaning......The wheel spacers were the worst things to clean, but they have came up nicely......

i wish you wouldn't keep saying that , it make the rest of us who work for a living look bad :D :D :D

doing nicely martin, at least you now got some good weather to be getting on with, try the local silage pit for tyres ,that where i got mine from ,they came from an MF 3090 only half worn as well  :)

as for the jack you're making marky look like a professional of which he was supposed to be  :D

looking good mart keep it up ;)

Looks nice NH2, your good with a splash of paint arn't you? She seems to be coming along nicely. When it is painted don't be afraid to get her dirty and weathered just a little bit. They always look better with the shine taken off them a bit. Looks like your just doing it on the verge beside some random road though mate!!

Thanks Deere-est......I'm really surprised how good this paint turns out once it's dry  :)......Once the building work to our house is finished she'll be moved to a proper parking area but for now she's on the grass verge just outside our house (and has been for the past year and a half  :-\ :'()......

Hell she's coming on there Mart old mate - You have done a cracking job of the paint again mate - that jack looks a little percarious so I'm glad to see you have an axle stand deployed as well - safety first...

Was the radio seat an optional extra in those days  ;D - I suppose it would have been called a wireless seat  ::)

Cheers Marky......Axle Stands and Jacks were especially bought last year for doing the brakes and have come in handy in a few other instances since then too...... :);) ;)

Aye, the radio seat was an optional extra  :D......Don't know if my local radio station Wave 102 would have been on the go then though...... :D;)

i wish you wouldn't keep saying that , it make the rest of us who work for a living look bad :D :D :D

doing nicely martin, at least you now got some good weather to be getting on with, try the local silage pit for tyres ,that where i got mine from ,they came from an MF 3090 only half worn as well  :)

as for the jack you're making marky look like a professional of which he was supposed to be  :D

looking good mart keep it up ;)

Cheers Marcus......I've got an idea for the tyre too, the piggery up the road closed down about a year ago but all the tyres are still lying around and there is lots of them so I think I'll go up during the better weather and see if I can find a matching size and get it back to the house...... :);) ;)

:D :D :D :D - no he would'nt fit between the wheels would he  ???:D :D :D - sorry Mart - going OT again  ::)

What mechanicals are left to do mate - apart from the lights, and the leveing box and the fender... and the signs  ;)

Not much more to do......Here's the list:-

1) Finish painting (including 2nd coats) other wheel and rear end.

2) Remove front axle for painting.

3) Use P38 to fill in a couple of small holes in the bonnet and then paint with Grey paint.

4) Fit the lighting brackets and wire in lights.

5) Fit both water temperature and oil pressure gauges.

6) Buy the mud-guard fit and paint with grey paint

and last but not least fit the name plate...... ;)

I think that's all...... ;) ;)

I got a mailshot from Agco the other day and they are now advertising supplying parts for TE20s at what seemed reasonable prices, so you local MF dealer may give you a decent deal on a mudgard.  :)

I got a mailshot from Agco the other day and they are now advertising supplying parts for TE20s at what seemed reasonable prices, so you local MF dealer may give you a decent deal on a mudgard.  :)

Thanks for the info John  :). Does it quote a price for a mudguard in the leaflet?

10+ parts only supply parts for MF models from the 135 and afterwards i'm afraid mart as i asked at place i am now and from what i've seen not alot of people using it, out of a parts order today not one was a machine in 10+ parts catagorie