Grey Fergie Restoration Update

NewHolland2

No sale then yet Mart  :(

Any tyrekickers or prospective buyers around with you  ???

There has been a few......Most I've been offered so far is ?700 but I'd like to see it go a bit higher yet...... :-\

I'm currently counting coins though and depending on what the outcome is and depending on how much I can reel in in the next 3-4 months she may end up staying, although I doubt it as I don't really want the cost of tyres on my hands...... :D;)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Well just to give an update on my old girl......She is currently still languishing outside the house with her engine all covered over however sitting there over the course of the Winter hasn't done my painting any favours as I expected so there are a few bits needing touched up......She still won't be receiving a new set of boots yet unless I can find some free ones...... :D;)

However for this Winter I'm going to try to get her inside at the farm where I work as hopefully the Butler Lamps will be fitted by then......

Hopefully I'll get a video on Youtube for you all to view of her tootling about soon...... :);)

Well just to give an update on my old girl......She is currently still languishing outside the house with her engine all covered over however sitting there over the course of the Winter hasn't done my painting any favours as I expected so there are a few bits needing touched up......She still won't be receiving a new set of boots yet unless I can find some free ones...... :D;)

However for this Winter I'm going to try to get her inside at the farm where I work as hopefully the Butler Lamps will be fitted by then......

Hopefully I'll get a video on Youtube for you all to view of her tootling about soon...... :);)

That would be really great Mart... I look forward to that... those lamps STILL not fitted...  ::) TUT TUT  :D :D :D - I guess you have been busy working for a living... so we'll let you off... for now  ;)

that will be gr8 to get her in side Mart :) :) look forward to you and her in action :)

Cheers Mark......It will certainly make one heck of a difference to her condition and make any work I want to do easier......I don't mind her sitting outside in Summer but the Winter can wreak havoc with all my efforts...... :-\ :-\ ;) ;)

That would be really great Mart... I look forward to that... those lamps STILL not fitted...  ::) TUT TUT  :D :D :D - I guess you have been busy working for a living... so we'll let you off... for now  ;)

Cheers Marky......I seem to have been meaning to do it for ages but it's still a job that's in the back of my mind so it will no doubt be done later rather than sooner...... :D;)

Will try and get the video over the next week or so if I get a chance to get her going...... ;) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am pleased to announce that after two months of non-moving I took her out for a spin (no-one was around to video it  :'() and she started first time and sounded excellent so she's still working as well as ever......

Now in traditional SuperMart style the lights still aren't fitted due to a lack of spare time......We'll get there one day though...... ::);) ;)

Well I am pleased to announce that after two months of non-moving I took her out for a spin (no-one was around to video it  :'() and she started first time and sounded excellent so she's still working as well as ever......

Now in traditional SuperMart style the lights still aren't fitted due to a lack of spare time......We'll get there one day though...... ::);) ;)

Well done mate... glad to hear that little Regan has been out and about once again mate... now.... get those blooming lights fitted young man.... The FTF massive DEMAND it  >:(:D :D

Well done mate... glad to hear that little Regan has been out and about once again mate... now.... get those blooming lights fitted young man.... The FTF massive DEMAND it  >:(:D :D

I'll try and get the video some night this week, just have to make sure someone's about to take it with my camera...... :D;) ;)

The lights might get done over the Summer holidays...... ;)

see mart, fergy power for ya, first turn of the key, i hope this and all your bosses good words are converting your mind to the correct farmers tool mate,

Oh I do like them slightly more than I used to but I'm afraid nothing could really take me away from the Blue side...... :D;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the link John......Not a bad looking machine is she...... :)

A wee bit steep price wise I think for what she is but still would be a nice buy...... :) :) ;)

Thanks for the link John......Not a bad looking machine is she...... :)

A wee bit steep price wise I think for what she is but still would be a nice buy...... :) :) ;)

It's probably only got a few hundred hours on the clock if it's ex M.O.D. Some of the kit they buy hardly ever gets used. My Albion ex army tipper, according to the Albion archive was built in 1953 and as far as they know, it was only ever  used during the Suez crisis in 1956. It was used in a quarry for about fifteen years, and even now only has 36,000 miles on the clock. P.S. the speedo is still working to this day.

It's probably only got a few hundred hours on the clock if it's ex M.O.D. Some of the kit they buy hardly ever gets used. My Albion ex army tipper, according to the Albion archive was built in 1953 and as far as they know, it was only ever  used during the Suez crisis in 1956. It was used in a quarry for about fifteen years, and even now only has 36,000 miles on the clock. P.S. the speedo is still working to this day.

The low hours might explain the higher price then......Thanks for the information...... :) :) :);)