Potato box

Mass production china style there mate , how many do you want then ??

Not sure Sean, get to 150 the see how they look, getting fed up with them now!!

To make 100 boxes takes,

152 minutes to cut all the pieces (52 pieces per box = 5200 pieces)

1820 minutes to sand all 5200 pieces

(Currently just under 33 hours just cutting and sanding!!)

At the moment i'm counting the minutes for building the next batch so I have an idea of how long each box takes to make!!!!

Glad to see your still at it, I kept worrying that you'd drowned in a pool of your own creations

Yep, still on them, want to move onto other things though

Got to hand it to you for determination. :) They do look great though.

Cheers John :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blimey, Barry... Can you do a few full up with nets of logs. 16 to a layer if you will. Good lad!

Seriously thought, how many do you make in one go and do you just bang a few out now and then or do you sit there for hours?

Blimey, Barry... Can you do a few full up with nets of logs. 16 to a layer if you will. Good lad!

Seriously thought, how many do you make in one go and do you just bang a few out now and then or do you sit there for hours?

Trying to do 50 at a time, but it takes so long to do them, i have to have a break from them ever now and then (currently working on the first 50 of a new bunch, 3 weeks in!!)

Bloody hell!! Dedication, Cheryl! Could they not be 3D printed as the five sheets needed, then assembled?

You could probably Laser cut them similar to these Mason Attic sheds http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/23398-masons-attic-bale-shed-4-bay-kit/?hl=%2Blaser+%2Bcut#entry567851

http://masonsattic.co.uk/masons-sheds-kits-and-accessories-326-c.asp

Regards

Joe.

I guess 3D printing them would make them end up looking like plastic boxes, and like you say, I think the laser cutting would not be detailed enough, plus you would have the burnt edges.

Archived