Potato box

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a list of what sizes Lime Wood strip was available in 

9_zps48b1f142.jpg

then made a scale drawing on my CAD package I use at work for designing kitchens....

5_zpsfec3f620.jpg

After making a cutting list, I bough the correct sizes of Lime Wood strip 

1_zps4248ada9.jpg

and begun cutting them up into little bits

2_zpsd6057af3.jpg

I store the little pieces in separate container marked with their size

3_zps898c0e5a.jpg

As I progress with this i'm making little jigs to hopefully make it easier put them together, takes a long time to make each one, I've not timed it yet, but I will once I know what i'm doing!!!!

17_zps3b6a8106.jpg

Box number one, not to bad, but room for improvement

18_zps4cf0671c.jpg

19_zps4c41cb68.jpg

20_zps499ad0cd.jpg

21_zpsb9ce04ad.jpg

Are you making these to sell or for yourself Barry?

For myself at the moment Alex, but depending on how I get on and how fast I can make them I will see.

I need these so I can then make a box filler, then the grader etc etc

CAD package? Oooooh get yooooou!!! What you've shown here Barry is the key to getting it right (apart from being generally chuffing ace at building stuff, as you are) is researching the product.

Like.

LIKE!!

CAD package? Oooooh get yooooou!!! What you've shown here Barry is the key to getting it right (apart from being generally chuffing ace at building stuff, as you are) is researching the product.

Like.

LIKE!!

:D  Cheers Tris, I think I do to much research and not enough building though!!!!

nice work barry, how many are you looking to make in total for your layout then??

Not sure Sean, want to eventually have a layout with these on and to be as realistic as possible, ive got enough material for 20 at the moment, so will see how long that takes, but was initially thinking 100 boxes.....see how things turn out, might need more!!!!!

I really need a visit to a farm where these things are, the old farm I lived on has all this stuff, just need to get there when the sun is shinning :) 

I ve spent many a  a wet day repairing   potatoe boxs  in real life  when i work on a farm   by end of week i was sick of see ing them  hope fully you make it to a 100  -- they do look good & i m sure a few on here would buy some -  Jon

Archived