Potato box

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

They look really great mate -- looks like you got youre self a full time job doing 100 box es ::) I did the cheap thing of getting the Britains boxes & i d have to say they rubbish compared to yours thats for sure -- Years ago when i was a lad on my 1st farm job i got the yearly job of repairing all the farms boxes which by the year end i was a little fed up with & i did nt ask for it -- I say you ll get a few orders for these if you re hands are up for it 8)

These look fantastic!

Bored yet? ha ha!

He he, I wouldn't say i'm bored, just wish they could be done quicker.  I have been making them in stages, i'll have the photograph the different stages  do them in :)

The worst part is gluing the long horizontal bit to the two end parts as it need to be kept square other wise the box becomes miss-shaped!!!!

They look really great mate -- looks like you got youre self a full time job doing 100 box es ::) I did the cheap thing of getting the Britains boxes & i d have to say they rubbish compared to yours thats for sure -- Years ago when i was a lad on my 1st farm job i got the yearly job of repairing all the farms boxes which by the year end i was a little fed up with & i did nt ask for it -- I say you ll get a few orders for these if you re hands are up for it 8)

I looked at getting the Britains ones too, but they are just too plasticey (obviously being made of plastic!!!!) 

Thought about weathering them, but then I looked into making them as they really are, found a supplier of miniature timbers and mocked up a drawing based on the sizes of wood available :)

We will see after I've complete the quantity I want to make, but due to the time they take to build, and with all the other things I want to make, I will probably move onto the next item!

I had to Google "John Bull printing kit"!!!!

That is just the thing I need for putting my stamp on them 

I'll keep an eye out on e-bay for one, thanks Paul :)

And I thought you would know that, being 97 years old young  ;)  

• 5 months later...

Archived