John Deere 50 Series tractors - looking good so far

rorsday

I am lucky enough to have seen pictures of the prototypes of the forthcoming John Deere 50 Series (3050, 3350 and 3650) tractors and, in my opinion, they look fabulous. Some very minor tweaks required, but fundamently they look just right, possibly even better than the Ford 7600 and IH/Case 956XL items.

I'm just sorry I can't share the pics with you at this moment in time, but Britains fans can rest assured these tractors are looking good so far.

RD

They will have to be a lot better than the 7600 and 956 if they want JD to approve them.

The JD 4020 was the benchmark for a retro model from Britains, and they've never come within an asses roar of matching it since.

Going to be a very popular toy/model not only because of the popularity but also the price. Being a cheaper but hopefully well detailed model will give a lot of people confidence to try conversions without the risk of ruining an expensive model

Each to their own views I guess. Personally I think most people will be pleased with the detail versus value. Can't expect Wiking quality for £17.99.

Do you class the excellent range of JD articulated tractors as Britains or Ertl?

RD

Each to their own views I guess. Personally I think most people will be pleased with the detail versus value. Can't expect Wiking quality for £17.99.

Do you class the excellent range of JD articulated tractors as Britains or Ertl?

RD

I think it would only be classed as Ertl if there was a dual release with both European and American market versions in respective packaging.

I for one would be delighted if the JD's are equal to/or even better than the Fords, as I think the 7A2 models are a very good represention of these iconic tractors. Dimensionally they are pretty much spot on, not to mention a very good attempt at the interior.

With the odd minor tweak/add on - they become a really good model, and at £15-16 a go, I think they are fantastic value.

Bring on the John Deere's!!

They will have to be a lot better than the 7600 and 956 if they want JD to approve them.

The JD 4020 was the benchmark for a retro model from Britains, and they've never come within an asses roar of matching it since.

if they match the fords and ih's then they will be very good with luck, i sort of agree with spn in some ways on the 4020, jd or not, overall it was a cracking model ,with 2wd functioning front axel, missed on the early fords, great detailing on the engine and platform, but sounds like these will be even better with any luck, will certainly see the sort of price model anyone can try and convert / detail up more to suit their layouts or needs,,be nice to see a decent loader version of one in the future to with any luck, as i used to see a good few when younger 

Archived