Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers lads, as always it is spurring me on to a bit more each time.

The trusses you mean Ben/ It's just styrene strips, easy to bend by hand to persuade them to curve.  . glued on to channel uprights. A bit of extra stregnth comes from bit of angle glued into the join to add more surface area for the glue to bond.

Before I go any further I will concrete the base and use a certain trick by Smallclaas on the cladding before painting her up in black. The the back and roof cladding will be added last. Added a bit of etc styrene along the bottom of each end to glue the cladding too. Did the same along the back as well just now, after I took these pics.

post-227-132638612225_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263861223_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mandy. .. shall I leave it then?!!  :D :D :D  ::)

tried building one not long after signing up here, may be on here somewhere. ... needless to say it got binned. Not before I dropped an electric heater on it just as it was coming together though. I say coming together. .. cobbled I think would be better!!  :D

Thanks Mandy. .. shall I leave it then?!!  :D :D :D  ::)

tried building one not long after signing up here, may be on here somewhere. ... needless to say it got binned. Not before I dropped an electric heater on it just as it was coming together though. I say coming together. .. cobbled I think would be better!!  :D

Well, you might want to put a roof on I guess - otherwise it wouldn't keep stuff very dry ;D

PS Can u build real ones like that... only I could do with a new hay barn ;):-*

very very nice tris mate, not to much left to do then,what colour are you painting the uprights ect

Black, everthing will be black. (Fast show sketch. . .black black black!!  :D)

Well, you might want to put a roof on I guess - otherwise it wouldn't keep stuff very dry ;D

PS Can u build real ones like that... only I could do with a new hay barn ;):-*

Afraid not me dook. I could do one out of plastic and glue though no bother, may not meet building regs though!!